Is anyone going to be on island at the end of the year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweet! Of the places you mention, the only one I have seen is Djambo and it looks very nice. If you get your truck through AB Carrental you may be best off getting your tanks there too. They appear to have a nice set up.
I'm still torn, because SunRentals has an ocean view! But going to make a call today.

Also Djambo wants to arrange a package with Dive Friends or VIP Diving. Dive Friends can include boat diving. Any comment on Dive Friends in particular, or VIP Diving?

In the meantime, I've heard nothing from East Coast Diving. Did you book a spot online or were you in contact with them by email or phone? If you don't mind me joining your trip with them it might be a chance to meet early. But when are you doing it?

Regarding Dive Friends they are great from everything I have heard. I just booked online with East Coast Diving and got a confirmation email. Apparently, we just show up and pay them. They will bring the tanks. It is just me doing the East Coast as my wife isn't game. Please join.

I'm still torn, because SunRentals has an ocean view! But going to make a call today.

Also Djambo wants to arrange a package with Dive Friends or VIP Diving. Dive Friends can include boat diving. Any comment on Dive Friends in particular, or VIP Diving?

In the meantime, I've heard nothing from East Coast Diving. Did you book a spot online or were you in contact with them by email or phone? If you don't mind me joining your trip with them it might be a chance to meet early. But when are you doing it?
Dive Friends is awesome- My "go to" - 7 locations on the island that you can pick up and drop off tanks from. Always good fills and consistent nitrox %.

Dive Friends Bonaire (DFB) is a great operation. They operate tank exchange and rinse tanks etc. out of seven locations, with reciprocal privileges at all of them. So you can pick up tanks at one location, exchange empties for freshies at another during the day, and then return empties and rinse at another if convenient for you. Last I looked they only operate boat dives out of 4 of those locations.

VIP is also top notch, but specializes in high-quality guided shore diving. Their shop is only a couple years old and outfitted with state-of-the-art compressors.

VIP's shop location is convenient to both properties you mentioned. Probably more so than any of the DFB locations, but DFB has that whole convenience thing going for them. Both are well-respected. IMHO you can't go wrong with either of them.

I’ll be staying at Den Laman December 29-Jan. 5. I’ve already arranged to meet up with Darook, and I’m highly likely to join one of these East Coast sojourns. And I’d be pleased to join with anyone else who might be on island and wanting an extra buddy. Per my earlier posts, I’m going to be focused on macro photography - might even hire a critter spotter once or twice. So PM or post here if you want to meet.

I'm trying to recap who will be on island at approximately the same time over the holidays:
@mrmanfrenjensenden December 22-29 That name is a mouthful!
@wwguy is already there and will be until Jan. 6.
@gajahduduk December 30 to Jan 6
@Randallr December 29-Jan5
I believe @deaf diver will be there as well though I need to check his dates that are in a different thread.

Did I miss anyone? My recommendations for a group dive are usually in the late afternoon at Salt Pier if open, or a site with lots of parking and space like Invisibles, Tolo etc.

I'm trying to recap who will be on island at approximately the same time over the holidays:
@mrmanfrenjensenden December 22-29 That name is a mouthful!
@wwguy is already there and will be until Jan. 6.
@gajahduduk December 30 to Jan 6
@Randallr December 29-Jan5
I believe @deaf diver will be there as well though I need to check his dates that are in a different thread.

Did I miss anyone? My recommendations for a group dive are usually in the late afternoon at Salt Pier if open, or a site with lots of parking and space like Invisibles, Tolo etc.

I'm happy to meet up with any and all, but it looks like I only overlap with @wwguy

Gents, I was too late booking my Jan. 4 dive with you with EC Divers. Someone signed up for the third slot. Fred asked if we wanted to switch to Weds June 2, but I told him that was unlikely because of the. Various things people have booked. I told him to put me on the wait list. See you in any event in about a week or so.

Gents, I was too late booking my Jan. 4 dive with you with EC Divers. Someone signed up for the third slot. Fred asked if we wanted to switch to Weds June 2, but I told him that was unlikely because of the. Various things people have booked. I told him to put me on the wait list. See you in any event in about a week or so.
Sorry about that. Astounded you got any answer from Fred. :) Maybe he could ask one of the other later-joiners on the 4th to do the 2nd? Just a thought. (And probably Jan 2 & not Jun 2 :)

Back
Top Bottom