TDI EDGE/HOG Equipment Service Clinic - January 19&20th 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mheaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have just signed up to attend a TDI EDGE/HOG Equipment Service Clinic the weekend of January 19 & 20th 2019. Being conducted at UDM Aquatic Services, 615 McNary St, # 2 Canonsburg, Pennsylvania by Jim Lapenta.

There is room for two more people (3 MAX)

There are some defined requirements for this course. I am paraphrasing as I haven’t received Jim’s Requirement list yet:

• Must own your own complete set of EDGE/HOG Regulators
  • You must have all the tools on the tool list or their equivalents.
  • The inch lb torque wrench and in line tool from scubatools.com (the other cheaper generics will not work) and the decent ip gauge are a must as are the pin spanners.

Well, although I picked a nerve wracking winter weather threatened weekend to travel from Tappahannock, VA to Canonsburg, PA (6.5 hour drive); After “STUDYING” the weather forecast and snow predictions by the hour for all locations around the various routes for both the trip up and back, I saw what I hoped would be a good enough window to head off for this I’ll advised venture! I arrived in Canonsburg the night before with no issues and was then terrified by the hills where Jim lives since the forecast for that evening was for a hard freeze with ice from snow and rain. PennDOT folks are Awesome! Freshly plowed and salted road in early am allowed me to get there with NO issues..

Course was everything I hoped for and more!!!! I highly recommend! If you are contemplating taking this pick a nice weather weekend and book it now!

Trip home yesterday to Virginia was also uneventful!

Back
Top Bottom