First Liveaboard T & C Explorer 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jo was still a DM on the boat when I went in May 2018.

Also, Lycra Socks are highly recommended to wear under your dive boots, help prevent blisters on the top of your toes and aid in getting your wetsuit on.

Just booked our first Liveaboard for this December on T & C Explorer 2. Have been looking into a liveaboard for a while. After doing some research we had narrowed it down to this or Cayman aggressor as we are still relatively newer divers. Thanks to lot of good reviews and posts we picked this boat and are very excited to go. If anyone has any tips please let us know.

Hi Vic, welcome to the world of liveaboard diving! We hope you have an amazing trip on Turks & Caicos Explorer II, and be prepared it's often described as "Shark week, every week" on TCEXII. Happy diving!

Some other helpful tips and notes about TCEX2:
  • Hope you're hungry! Stan, your on board chef, is a man of a few words but his food will not keep you full 24x7.
  • If you're in the lower deck, ask for cabin 10-this cabin is in the middle of the boat and you will feel the boat sway the least.
  • You will be barefoot for the entire week so be prepared to show off your toes for the entire week.
  • The crew LOVES dark chocolate so if you have room, bring some treats to share with crew and guests.
  • For coffee, follow the "duck".
  • If you're using a DIN first stage, the TCEX2 tank valves are convertible so they can take out the DIN insert for attaching your first stage and insert back in for tank refilling. You'll want to confirm with EV office on this.
  • Lastly, don't chase after the hang line! The boat will return swing back for you!

@EVRachel thank you for guidance and encouragement for us to book the trip, really looking forward to the trip.

@scbaNE2179 thank you for the tips. Its funny how many times the hang line has been mentioned by everyone, I really want to try it now for a ride. We have the upper deck VIP cabin so not sure how much sway we will have. Will take the chocolates (Thank you for the hint). Not sure about the "duck" for coffee but will look out for it.

Happy Thanksgiving to every one. Safe Bubbles

Also, Lycra Socks are highly recommended to wear under your dive boots, help prevent blisters on the top of your toes...
+1. Best $10 I ever spent on dive gear!

@dflaher I just came back yesterday from the trip. Had a great time on our first LiveAboard at T and C Explorer 2. I will post a review soon but feel free to ask any questions. The boat and crew are great. You will be well taken care of on the boat. I can highly recommend this trip. I can sincerely say that now the bar has been set very high for our next trip as we have been bit by LiveAboard bug.

@dflaher I just came back yesterday from the trip. Had a great time on our first LiveAboard at T and C Explorer 2. I will post a review soon but feel free to ask any questions. The boat and crew are great. You will be well taken care of on the boat. I can highly recommend this trip. I can sincerely say that now the bar has been set very high for our next trip as we have been bit by LiveAboard bug.
Was Bunjee Jo your DM?

Was Bunjee Jo your DM?
@Hoag we did not have Bungee Jo. I believe she was on vacation. I did hear from many board members that she is exceptional. Unfortunately we did not get to meet her. Having said that the fill in crew was great, They really did try hard to please every one throughout the trip. Even without a Hall of famer Bunjee Jo it was still a great trip :)

Back
Top Bottom