Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Hunt divers in the Basin at Silver Springs.
IMG-3560.jpg

The Sea Hunt Forever divers are returning to Florida’s Silver Springs State Park the weekend of March 2-3, 2019 to put on another underwater show in conjunction with the Florida Springsfest celebration! Springsfest promotes preservation of the springs through awareness and stewardship and educates visitors about the importance of Florida's springs and preservation of its history. Part of the rich history of Silver Springs are the movies and television shows filmed there over many decades - think Tarzan, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and yes, Sea Hunt. More than half of the Sea Hunt TV show episodes starring Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson were filmed at Silver Springs from 1958 to 1961.

To help preserve and present the history of Silver Springs the divers will be acting out scenes from Sea Hunt using actual scripts from the show while being viewed by thousands of visitors on the Spring’s famous glass bottom boats. As historical re-enactors, only equipment that is historically accurate from face mask to flippers is being used. If a particular type or model of gear was not used in the original series, you won’t see it used at the show. What you will see at the show is underwater knife fights, bad guys being shot through and through by spearguns (complete with fake Hollywood-style blood packets), divers wrestling a giant anaconda underwater and sunken treasure being recovered.

While the cast and crew have already been selected to fill the limited number of slots available, everyone is invited to come down and see the show. Introduce yourself to one of the cast members and we will see if we can get you “back-stage” to see the Sea Hunt gear up close.

Renown Sea Hunt collector and historian Alec Peirce will be on hand with his fantastic collection of Sea Hunt memorabilia so be sure and stop by and talk to him.

Questions can be directed to SeaHuntForever2019@gmail.com

Hope to see everyone there!

THE SEA HUNT FOREVER DIVERS

DSCF1002.JPG

You guys would love these...

Alex and I live in the same village...

Best success for your upcoming show...

Warren

Hi Sam, Eben, Allan, et al...

Looks like I actually signed up for ScubaBoard back in 2009 and promptly forgot that I had done so. My bad. Anyway, thank you Sam for the nice write-up. You make me sound like I actually know something (let's just let folks keep thinking that - no need to let truth interfere with perceived facts). :)

We are all very excited about the SEA HUNT FOREVER DIVERS returning to Silver Springs State Park in Florida March 2-3, 2019. Here are a few more pics from past shows. Mark

h6xrN8.jpg

THE POWER OF C02

mHabUs.jpg

L-R Mark Spencer, Jerry Lang, Alec Peirce.

QgkgVW.jpg

RON BENTZ WITH JERRY'S VOIT PORT-A-SUB

Its NEVER Smart...
To Compare Physiques with Mike Nelson!
EbMike.jpg

- Alec Pierce will have a full size mock-up of Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson standing just outside the doorway to his massive Sea Hunt memorabilia collection. The Sea Hunt Forever Cast as well as the Silver Springs Park guests can have their pictures taken standing next to Mike Nelson! Inside is probably the most extensive collection of Sea Hunt collectibles in the world. Diving equipment used in the show, books, magazines, toys, comic books, and endorsed products of all kinds. Sea Hunt was a MAJOR hit TV Show back in its day!
- The 2019 Sea Hunt Forever show is part of the Florida Springs Fest at Silver Springs, FL, Mar 2-3, 2019

A few photos from the 2016 show.

d3Mwui.jpg

[Courtesy Gene Page]

LiqlOu.jpg

Eben's (SurfLung) backside with carefully restored gear.

pKclVB.jpg

One can never know what sort of creature will appear at such a place.
Jillian vs. The Creature.jpg

• A SHF Frogwoman fights off the Creature from the Black Lagoon!
okoq5x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom