• Back plate and wing

Votes: 121 64.0%
  • Other, please designate below

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Sidemount

Votes: 24 12.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made the switch from Jacket to BP/W a year and a half ago for my personal use and couldn't be happier. I still use my jacket BC for OW instructing/Divemastering, as the shops I work with require us to use what they do training in and sell. Glad you started this thread and looking forward to seeing the results.

My goto rig is a Transpac and 36# venture wing. I also have an aluminum Backplate and 23# wing I bought to make a travel rig...but usually grab the Transpac anyway. I have several jacket types I use for classes, and if it looks like we will be doing lots of floating on the surface, I'll grab the Scubapro Glide X.

How much gear do I have....not enough!!!

Jay

My goto rig is a Transpac and 36# venture wing. I also have an aluminum Backplate and 23# wing I bought to make a travel rig...but usually grab the Transpac anyway. I have several jacket types I use for classes, and if it looks like we will be doing lots of floating on the surface, I'll grab the Scubapro Glide X.

How much gear do I have....not enough!!!

Jay
LOL! Glide Pro X is also my jacket BC for classes and what I dived in forever. I would never complain about that BC. Rugged, great weight integration, nice pockets for storing stuff and killer trim pockets. Probably the best jacket BC out there. Bullet proof.

So far I'm surprised jacket ranks so low, considering that at least at our shop that's what students are all trained in. Perhaps jacket BCs are the least expensive for a shop owner to outfit classes?
I still use the old Phantom jacket I bought used in 2005 during my OW course. It's falling apart (in some places literally) and I'd have to replace it if my diving wasn't mostly very shallow. Also if I wanted to spend the money.

I suppose an Aqualung Outlaw/Rogue would be considered a Back Inflate BC, since there really is no hard aluminum or steel plate. So, that's what I voted. I'm happy with my setup; great for travel and trims out nicely.

Sub Gravity Paragon Lite (30 lb lift, single tank, back mount, donut config, no tank adapter necessary). This is what I dive almost all the time, however I also have a Hollis 55x 61 pound lift, horse shoe configuration, double tank And a dive rite classic exp horseshoe configuration for double tank diving as well. I have a stainless steel back plate and aluminum back plate, the stainless steel goes with the single tank, whereas the aluminum back plate goes with the double tank wings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom