Longhose, flex or standard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rubber, no brand specifically. The only miflex I own was my first single tank setup. I Quickly went doubles and sidemount and use rubber hoses for everything. I now keep that first configuration for single tank vacation diving (light and easy to pack).

Rubber, no brand specifically. The only miflex I own was my first single tank setup. I Quickly went doubles and sidemount and use rubber hoses for everything. I now keep that first configuration for single tank vacation diving (light and easy to pack).
I also use miflex for rec diving. However, make sure you replace the hoses regularly. If you haven't already seen this (or similar information) it's worth reading: Alert Diver | Invisible Crystals and also Alert Diver | Air Hoses: A Closer Look If you have, I apologize for the redundancy.

I've gotten into arguments about this before, especially with MiFlex haters. But I'll tell you what I do anyway :)

...I use one rubber and one flex. I understand the problems with some flex hoses - so I don't want to get into that debate... I just like having my left and right regs be easy to tell apart by touch. In a low vis dive, I don't have to remember which reg is in my mouth - just reach up and touch it. The neck-chafing and floatiness of the flex hoses can be an issue - but I find that the two problems kind of cancel each other out. My flex hose doesn't rub my neck bad because it isn't as tight against my neck as my rubber hose. But it also isn't so floaty that as to cause problems with snagging. YMMV, of course.

I also use two long hoses. I also know the arguments against that, but I find it better to never have to worry about which hose you donate... and they are both neatly bungeed away, so the only real problem with 2 long hoses is that it may take a few more seconds to remove and donate the entire cylinder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom