Si Tech Pee Valve internal leak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheScream

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I thought I'd give the Si Tech pee valve in my new Fourth Element Argonaut a 'dry' run with water. I've dived in the suit and it doesn't leak from the outside so that is good, but I just sent a stream of clean water down the hose and most of it came out the outside, but some came out one of the pinholes on the inside of the valve. Is this normal? Could it just have been too much pressure going down the tube?

Is this something recent? The suit is only a couple of months old.

The pee valve could have been old stock.

I have found excessive pressure when flushing can have that effect on the trigon when flushing. The valve is very easy to open inspect, in use I haven’t had any issues. It wouldn’t hurt to contact them and make sure you have the newest version.

I have seen someone put a piece of duct tape over the holes on the inside as a temporary solution, which seemed to work. I imagine it would mess with the balancing of the valve though.

Some of the older valves had problems, don;t know of issues with the new valves.

My dive buddy that recently got a new made to measure Bare suit had the same problem and the valve was replaced by Sitech as there is a recognized issue.

I had one that liked to leak. I glues the holes shut to remove the balanced feature. Then learned about the recall. Mine was affected and they sent a new one and new hose. So far that one has been good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom