Wing and Octopus position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your comment about getting the primary taken is often cited, but the BSAC Incident Reports don’t support the scenario. Incident reports clearly show OOG divers do what they were originally trained to do. Therefore, snatching the reg out of your mouth is likely a result of poor training or someone whom was taught primary take (i.e. those taught buddy breathing on a single reg).

That’s a fair statement, Assuming the generalizability of BSAC incident reports only reflecting dive incidents in the UK and incidents involving BSAC Divers throughout the world. although I’ve never seen someone take a secondary reg, only primary.

Personally, when I practice drills and discuss with other divers what regulator I will donate to them if they need a regulator, I always tell them I will give them my primary. My primary comes off my right post, under my right arm and under the knife on my belt, around the left side of my neck and to the right side of my face. This is my long hose. My backup secondary Is On a neck bungee. To donate in a different fashion under this set up just doesn’t make sense.

That’s a fair statement, Assuming the generalizability of BSAC incident reports only reflecting dive incidents in the UK and incidents involving BSAC Divers throughout the world. although I’ve never seen someone take a secondary reg, only primary.

That is the system the OP dives in. He will have been taught secondary take. More to the point, so will the people he will be diving with.

That is the system the OP dives in. He will have been taught secondary take. More to the point, so will the people he will be diving with.

He's going to have the same dilemma after Fundies, so he may as well get used to explaining himself now.

No, I'm sorry. REALLY.......I INSIST. I mean it. Don't piss me off...etc. etc.
No I AM MORE SORRY !!!
I really insist too !

MERRY XMAS !!!

He's going to have the same dilemma after Fundies, so he may as well get used to explaining himself now.
After fundies he is at least trained, which is a recognised position. Hopefully his fundies instructor will have an opinion on how to manage diving with people trained in other systems.

After fundies he is at least trained, which is a recognised position. Hopefully his fundies instructor will have an opinion on how to manage diving with people trained in other systems.
Like, say, rebreathers? How's that sort out on a dive boat?

(Actually, after fundies, he's been through fundies.)

Your comment about getting the primary taken is often cited, but the BSAC Incident Reports don’t support the scenario. Incident reports clearly show OOG divers do what they were originally trained to do. Therefore, snatching the reg out of your mouth is likely a result of poor training or someone whom was taught primary take (i.e. those taught buddy breathing on a single reg).
When people are OOG, do they have time to signal? Just asking, because there are reports, but reports can be inaccurate. I know that if I was OOG, I wouldn’t wait to signal unless my buddy was directly looking at me. I have yet to find myself like that though, thank God.

Like,say, rebreathers? How's that work out on a dive boat?
The course the OP is doing explains them. As for AS it is secondary take, just like he has learned already.

And, like hog loops, being more than averagely complicated you can’t use a rebreather while teaching AS or diving with an entry level diver. Also I find that divers at that level require too much attention so safely running a rebreather is difficult.

Back
Top Bottom