New Teric and nitpicking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, but I sort of skipped over the SAC section. But I see that it mentions that it is a 2 minute average, which should be good enough. Now if they provide a GTR outside of OC Rec I would be happy as a clam. About the only features I would want then would be a GPS.

I don't have mine here to double-check, but I am 99% sure I can have mine display GTR even in OC Tec mode. The problem is that it stops displaying a number as soon as you exceed your NDL and go into deco. That is just a cheap cop-out.

I don't have mine here to double-check, but I am 99% sure I can have mine display GTR even in OC Tec mode. The problem is that it stops displaying a number as soon as you exceed your NDL and go into deco. That is just a cheap cop-out.

Yeah that is what I mean. I think having a GTR even in deco is a nice feature, it isn't super important as you should be planning your dive and diving your plan but still nice to have.

Yeah that is what I mean. I think having a GTR even in deco is a nice feature, it isn't super important as you should be planning your dive and diving your plan but still nice to have.

I agree it would be nice to have. The issue that I see is that everyone seems to know, but nobody really wants to talk about the fact, that a lot of people do what I would call "informal" deco dives. Others call it "light" deco. The Scubanati always want to shout that down as unsafe and it shouldn't be done and therefore we can't even have a real conversation about things that would make that better or safer.

I think, if your using AI, then continuing to have a GTR displayed even after you've exceeded your NDL would be VERY handy for those times when some people do an informal deco dive. Not so useful or relevant when doing a formally planned deco dive. But, especially when doing a dive where you are just racking up a few minutes of deco obligation, which you will satisfy using only back gas - not carrying any additional gases for accelerated deco - having a GTR displayed is an excellent way to sanity check yourself and your mental calculations regarding the amount of gas needed to complete your dive. Losing that GTR display as soon as you cross over from NDL into non-NDL just seems ludicrous.

You may or may not be aware that if you choose to not display current gas in the info bar, current gas will then be displayed at the bottom of the screen under dive time. Font size for current gas will be smaller if left for the bottom of the screen or it will get larger if you leave it in the info bar.

View attachment 490574

Super cool! I didn't know about this behavior, although I read the manual cover-to-cover. Must have either missed it or it is an undocumented feature. Either way, this definitely resolves my main gripe with the Teric. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks gang for your reply, Confirmed my decision to get one.... off to get in a Quicken Loan.. jk,
You can have 2 transmitters on the screen in OC Rec mode. In BIG mode, it looks like this:

View attachment 486585

In Standard Mode, you can display with 2 configurable fields on the bottom row:

View attachment 486586

Or with 3 configurable fields on the bottom row:

View attachment 486587
A

Info screens...has anyone figured out how to select which ones that you'd like to see? Currently it looks like I have to scroll through 6 to 8 screens (or more if in oc tec) p.16, "3.5 Info Screens", to get to the one that I'm interested in seeing at any given moment. If I pass it up, I can tap the menu button and start from screen one, but I'm thinking that there must be an easier way just to show the screens that I'd like to see.

I suspect this is to guard against screen burn-in which is a possibility with OLED?!

I've used my iPhoneX (OLED) GPS for all day long with static images. Leads me to believe burn-in is not the issue it once was.

having a GTR displayed is an excellent way to sanity check yourself and your mental calculations regarding the amount of gas needed to complete your dive. Losing that GTR display as soon as you cross over from NDL into non-NDL just seems ludicrous.

Having used the Perdix for a couple years now, I've found GTR to be generally inaccurate.

Info screens...has anyone figured out how to select which ones that you'd like to see? Currently it looks like I have to scroll through 6 to 8 screens (or more if in oc tec) p.16, "3.5 Info Screens", to get to the one that I'm interested in seeing at any given moment. If I pass it up, I can tap the menu button and start from screen one, but I'm thinking that there must be an easier way just to show the screens that I'd like to see.

There's currently not a way yet. I listed that as a request (1/2 way down on post 441) The Shearwater Teric Announced

Having used the Perdix for a couple years now, I've found GTR to be generally inaccurate.

Odd & interesting. I guess you mean it's incorrect by more than the known incorrectness of not including stop time(s).

On GTR being inaccurate I just would like to ask if you have downloaded your dives, checked your profiles, and verified that you were ascending at 30 feet per minute (or close to it). I see LOTS of people doing their ascent much more slowly than that, which would totally throw off the GTR calculation.

Back
Top Bottom