Coming to Oahu ... for work ... for 4 weeks ... and diving!!!! :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ready4Launch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Life is rough sometimes. I have been told that I must go to my customer site on the west side of Oahu for 4 weeks. I'll be there from 09Jan2019 onwards until the beginning of Feb. I've done dives in Kona and Kauai before, but not Oahu.

I'll be staying in Kapolei, which I realize may not be the best place relative to dive boats/shops/etc., but it's a virtual must for work. I will also be mostly working 7-5 or thereabouts and a half day on Saturday.

I want to maximize my time though. So, besides Sundays and Saturdays, what about night diving during the week? Dive Oahu? Other outfit? Any private guides I should check with?

Mid week night dives are tough. There is a lot of traffic to deal with both on land and off shore. We do have some friday night dives coming up in January and February, but our meet time is at 5pm in Honolulu. That will be about an hour drive from Kapolei at that time of day.

You can see our schedule on our website, hawaiiandivingadventures.com click the "book online" tab and find night dives.

If you are interested in a private trip that fits your schedule better, give the shop a call and we can see what we can do.

West Oahu is supposedly the best SCUBA. I've sent a few people to Hawaii Nautical and they've loved it. I will try them next time I come as well.

Mid week night dives are tough. There is a lot of traffic to deal with both on land and off shore. We do have some friday night dives coming up in January and February, but our meet time is at 5pm in Honolulu. That will be about an hour drive from Kapolei at that time of day.

You can see our schedule on our website, hawaiiandivingadventures.com click the "book online" tab and find night dives.

If you are interested in a private trip that fits your schedule better, give the shop a call and we can see what we can do.

What are local water temps like? 77F? Thereabouts at the surface? 70 or below when down to 100' or greater?

What are locals and most divers wearing for exposure? 3mm?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom