Cabo Verde

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

desperoadie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
we spent a couple of days on Cabo Verde, which is a small island off the coast across from Senegal - sort of.
We stayed in the local Hilton and tried out the dive club, at the hotel. Never saw so many pipefishes, they were everywhere. Also some stonefish and some reeffishes; the corals were not nice and there was no sun, so less light. Underwater, dive master Jade was excellent, pointing out, safestops etc. The organisation was a bit different; there didn't seem to be a boss, we were picked up by a different dive boat, had to wait for snorkelers, a loan regulator was malfunctioning, arguing between the staff... Our divemaster was asked to go on another dive immediately after our dive; she pointed out that she would have to wait one hour - which the person asking her should have known. Even my wife, who is more adventorous than me agreed to only one dive; my thoughts: if somethings goes wrong with this operation, you're in trouble. There ware some other dive operators in the small town but didn't contact them.

Looks like the typical joys of travel in less-developed countries.
we have been travelling a bit in East Africa and India, so we can handle hassle. but I won't live with lack of safety when diving.

I have worked with many Dive centers and also have started my own. and I can assure you that this is not the case in many dive centers in India. there are some very professional operations here. let me know if you ever need any recommendations of a dive shop in India :) I know them all :)

I have worked with many Dive centers and also have started my own. and I can assure you that this is not the case in many dive centers in India. there are some very professional operations here. let me know if you ever need any recommendations of a dive shop in India :) I know them all :)
I should have added that East-Africa and India means animals top-side, not diving :) but good to know I can refer to you, in case of.

If you plan to return to Cabo Verde, I can thoroughly recommend Eco Dive School in Santa Maria. We spent a week diving with them last November and the whole team are great. Really professional and highly experienced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom