Lurker saying hi!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat.D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey folks!

Been lurking around the forum for quite a while, finally signed up a few weeks ago. I don't post much as there is soo much to read and I have little to say that hasn't been said before lol!

Pat from Montréal, creeping close to 50, looking at the snow falling outside and wishing I were in the Caribbean :)

Officially OW since January and mostly a warm water travel "vacation diver". Not really interested in local cold water diving, advanced or rescue certifications for the simple reason that diving is my "relax and get away from work" activity that helps me keep my sanity and I don't want it to feel like work.

Speaking of work, I've been a FF/Emt in a very large dept for over 27 years.

My favorite part of the hobby (other than being under water of course!) is the technical aspect. I'm "that guy" who takes everything apart, figures out how and why it works and appreciates the engineering behind it, so of course in my younger days I was one of the SCBA techs at work.

TLDR: Hi!!!

Take care folks

Pat

Glad you've joined us!

Enjoying scuba equipment and warm water diving!

Feel free to talk about either or both here. Some of us particularly enjoy working on scuba gear, so if you have a puzzle ask away. Searching the forum is great, but we like new projects too.

Enjoy!
Cameron

Thanks Cameron!

I have in my early 20's dived locally cold water many times (unlicensed so shhhh let's not tell anyone, I was diving with a couple of co-workers who were instructors and PSD's and trained me at the time, but I was too broke to go for my cert), and though it was exciting to dive cold water back then as I got older a marked preference for warm water emerged :) In recent years I dived "Discover scuba" shore excursions on cruises 4-5 times until I found time to get my OW (in the caribbean of course!)

Pat

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.......I'm with you about the clear, warm, and blue ocean.

Thanks Iamrushman!

I spend the month of March in your neck of the woods (Hollywood/Hallandale) every year to get away from winter. :) Lovely area! Got my fins and mask from Lauderdale Diver on the A1A a few years ago, what a difference a properly fitted mask made!

I'll probably be looking at a few dive charters while I'm down there this coming march.

Welcome to SB Pat D.

Welcome Pat! That's a kick-ass resume! Enjoy!

Welcome to SB Pat, from the beautiful kelp forests of Monterey Bay.
~Rebecca

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom