AI setup hiding from me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony1964

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I know I’m missing something but can’t find the AI setup on my new Perdix.
System setup scrolls to mode, deco, bottom row, Nitrox, display, compass but no AI setup??
I haven’t connected the transmitter yet if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone

The image that is displayed at startup has AI in a blue circle to the right of the word Perdix. I'd guess this is an easy way identify the different models.

Thanks, I have emailed Shearwater.
There is no AI on the startup screen so looks like it could be a problem!
I travel on Tuesday for six weeks of diving so looks like I may have a problem

@Tony1964 @tcoen I believe posted a few weeks ago that due to CE regulations or something that the AI was disabled for all EU models. You have to send them your serial number and it will be unlocked. @Shearwater 's CS team should have no problem sorting you out on Monday if you're able to stay up a bit late since they're in PST

Yes that was it, excellant customer service they are already on it!
Apparently UK sold units should have a note enclosed explaining this - mine definitely didn’t.
What a strange regulation though, it must be disabled for sale but then can be enabled - I’m sure that makes sense to someone somewhere

This issue is not a regular one. I have bought mine in 2017 in the EU and there was nothing to be unlocked. It worked right of the original box.
The transmitters were bought separately.

Yes that was it, excellant customer service they are already on it!
Apparently UK sold units should have a note enclosed explaining this - mine definitely didn’t.
What a strange regulation though, it must be disabled for sale but then can be enabled - I’m sure that makes sense to someone somewhere
@Tony1964 is it solved? I'm encountering the same issue and waiting to see if it will be solved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom