Tech Gas Cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prices of gas here in Pompano Beach .:)

FILL OVER 40% MIX PER CU.FT. .40
FILL OXYGEN PER CU.FT. .40
TRIMIX 25/25 PER CU.FT. .45
TRIMIX 30/30 PER CU.FT. .60
TRIMIX 21/35 PER CU.FT. .60
TRIMIX 18/45 PER CU.FT. .75
TRIMIX 10/50 PER CU.FT. .82
TRIMIX 15/55 PER CU.FT. .90
FILL HELIUM PER CU.FT. 1.15

If you are young enough, CCR is probably the way to go for tech, just so you don't have to get trained on everything twice (first on OC and then on CCR). Its up-front expense is within shouting distance of a decent compressor, filtration, booster, digital gauges, mixing whips, and the like, and its long-term gas cost is far lower. You might still want a booster but it can be a mini-booster instead of a full-size Haskel for about half the cost.

That said, my garage compressor/trimix blending station and training are all paid for in gas savings, and then some. Plus I don't have to wait for someone else to get around to it and I get full fills without fail.

If you are young enough, CCR is probably the way to go for tech, just so you don't have to get trained on everything twice (first on OC and then on CCR). Its up-front expense is within shouting distance of a decent compressor, filtration, booster, digital gauges, mixing whips, and the like, and its long-term gas cost is far lower. You might still want a booster but it can be a mini-booster instead of a full-size Haskel for about half the cost.

That said, my garage compressor/trimix blending station and training are all paid for in gas savings, and then some. Plus I don't have to wait for someone else to get around to it and I get full fills without fail.
Nah man. You need to be good at deep OC diving because that’s what you’ll be doing when the RB breaks. Heck of a time to learn that your skills aren’t any good.

Last edited:
MainDVR, what are the depths for the wrecks you are interested in that are driving you to tech? You might be over-thinking this a bit. Sounds like you will enjoy tech and you should dive in for sure. Depth and run time may help the tech divers provide more specific information that is immediately consumeable and meaningful to your next steps in your research.

@Parklander, that was a dive on the Hydro Atlantic. 172' max depth, avg depth 140'. 28 min on the wreck with a 60 min total run time.

MainDVR, what are the depths for the wrecks you are interested in that are driving you to tech? You might be over-thinking this a bit. Sounds like you will enjoy tech and you should dive in for sure. Depth and run time may help the tech divers provide more specific information that is immediately consumeable and meaningful to your next steps in your research.
Here in SoCal we have quite a few available dives that are in the Tech range from 130-200' plus range several a short boat ride away in the 150-170ft range like the Moody or Caisons as well as several sites just south of me in that range. Of course I understand you don't just jump in to those depths all at once. As well as love the wrecks off NC and then my future bucket dives in Truk and Great Lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom