Suunto Algorithm News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackD342

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wanted to share a couple of bullet points from this morning's DEMA session, as I am sure several folk will be very interested. In the near future:
  • Buhlmann 16 GF will be added to the Eon Steel as an option, in addition to the current algorithm, via usual update download process.
  • Fused RGBM model will be replaced with Fused RGBM 2. Same science and theory, slight tweak to the application of the model. Less conservative in some situations, but most divers won't notice the difference. Update by download. NOT an optional model, it is a replacement.
I don't have more specifics right now, just summarizing my understanding of the session content.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I am wondering if the Fused RGBM model replacement will just be for the Eon or if it will be a firmware upgrade for other Suunto computers such as the vyper air?

-Z

I am wondering if the Fused RGBM model replacement will just be for the Eon or if it will be a firmware upgrade for other Suunto computers such as the vyper air?

-Z
The second bullet point I listed should be any updateable model, not just Eon.

Just wanted to share a couple of bullet points from this morning's DEMA session, as I am sure several folk will be very interested. In the near future:
  • Buhlmann 16 GF will be added to the Eon Steel as an option, in addition to the current algorithm, via usual update download process.
  • Fused RGBM model will be replaced with Fused RGBM 2. Same science and theory, slight tweak to the application of the model. Less conservative in some situations, but most divers won't notice the difference. Update by download. NOT an optional model, it is a replacement.
I don't have more specifics right now, just summarizing my understanding of the session content.
Will Buhlmann with GF be offered on other models, Eon Core for instance? Any others?

I assume Fused RGBM 2 will replace Fused only on models running this, Eon Core and Steel and DX, is that right?

They said only the Steel for the new one.
I can't say I am familiar with what other specific models are running now, the update will be to Fused RGBM, wherever that exists.

I can see why Buhlmann with GF would be only offered to the Steel, because as it's flagship product there is nothing (apart from the case) to differentiate it from the core.

I'll be interested to run Fused 2 against Buhlmann, but I'll obviously get Buhlmann as an option on the Eon. I bloody hope the new update allows twin gas display for SM as that lack of functionality is getting old

I saw the new D5 videos circulating (full colour watch for 2019) from the little text I can see it looks like it may run similar graphics to the Eon but watch size. Interesting to see the price point between D5 and Teric

Here are the slides from the Suunto presentation. I have no more info than what is here, so don't ask me; and frankly some of it confuses me a little so perhaps I'll learn something once you all start discussing.

The headline is that Fused RGBM 2 behaves exactly the same as Fused RGBM for dives to 100 ft or LESS. Difference come into play on deeper profiles.

There are actually several interesting algorithm articles on the Suunto site, but I didn't spot anything on the most recent changes yet.
Search from Suunto.com

Attachments

• Buhlman and RGBM2.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 668
Another mysterious algorithm. RGBM2.

Reminds me of: “I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder“.

They emphasized that they didn't change the fundamental "science" of the Fused RGBM, they only tweaked the way it is applied. (not a direct quote there - my words for what I thought they were saying. Although I think "science" was his.)

Back
Top Bottom