Shearwater Cloud 2.2.3 bugged

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

npole

Contributor
Reaction score
When downloading the new news dives (previously synched using the smartphone) they are listed with the wrong date and hour (they all have 0001-01-01 12:00), plus any modification done in the desktop cloud (in example by adding the location) and synching, will not synch on the smartphone.

I did already thanks.. I'm still waiting for a solution. Between I just found another bug: the main dive list windows apparently takes the controller input (which one i dunno.. i have many game pads connected) and scrolls non-stop ..i believe you left the unity option on in the editor. I'll mention this in the next email.

same problem with dates. Please post solution to this thread, not just in private email conversation

same problem with dates. Please post solution to this thread, not just in private email conversation

I doubt there will be solution that you can "apply"... I suspect there will be a software update.

We are actively working on fixing these issues and should have a patch available shortly. Your dive dates and times will be fixed by this patch. Thank you for your patience.

That's great to hear! I thought I borked it on my end somehow. Luckily I still have all of my dives on either a .db file or on my computer still. I'll wait for the patch but I've got the option to delete it all and start over if need be.

We are actively working on fixing these issues and should have a patch available shortly. Your dive dates and times will be fixed by this patch. Thank you for your patience.

This fix will also fix the "controller bug" ? (If you have a controller connected to the PC, it will scroll the dive list .. and it's impossible to click on any of them without removing all the connected controllers.. (joysticks and whatever..). It didn't happened with the previous versions.

Also watching this and having the invalid dates on multple iOS devices...

They released the 2.2.4 on Android (not sure on IOS) and it resolved the date bug. However I had to work on it for like 1 hour before synching the data between the PC and the mobile:

- I downloaded the dives on the mobile;
- I synched the dives on the PC;
- I edited the info on the PC (place name) and resynched;
- I resynched on the mobile and the data (place name) wasn't there;
- I uninstalled the app on the PC to start from scratch (and removed the cached data in appData folder);
- Downloaded the data from the cloud, added the place, synched;
- Synched on the mobile, the data wasn't updated;
- Repeated the step above (reinstalled on the PC);
- I also deleted the cache on the mobile, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it;
- Synched on the mobile.. the dives were all over the place with missing numbers;
- Synched again for like 5 times.. and finally it worked (it added the place that I added on the PC);

I dunno if the cloud is acting strange or if it's slow synching, I will test with the next dive.

My usual workflow is:

- Download the dives on the mobile (because of the BT is more convenient);
- Synch on the PC and add the bits (because it's more convenient to add them on the PC with the keyboard and mouse);
- Synch back on the PC to upload to the cloud and synch on the mobile to align the data;

It always worked like a charm.. I dunno why suddenly all this issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom