Need help identifying equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey so not sure if anyone can help me but I have a Aqua Lung "aqua master" 2 stage regulator made by U. S divers company Navy blue Label with serial number 239704 stamped onto the blue label plate , can anyone help me figure out a common price they can be sold for? It's in great condition as far as I can see, no wear and tear on it. But I am not a diver so I really don't trust my knowledge of what makes them valuable or not lol.. Just a gal needing some friendly advise or knowledge. Thanks

Tbone is right about those folks being the best resource, but maybe I can get you closer to an answer, until you hear from them.

I'm not sure if you're saying the label has the word "Navy" or if it's the colour navy blue you're referring to. There was a navy model

I'm going to bet it's a DA Aqua-Master. The serial number you have suggests it was manufactured in 1964 or 1965. It was a very common regulator made over an 15 year period from 1958 to 1973. I have a half dozen in my collection that I've purchased from between $75 and $200 over Craigslist, ebay and one garage sale. Some collectors don't mind "experience marks" but expect one without dents and scratches to fetch towards the upper end. I expect many rubber components, like internal valves, and probably even hoses, will need replacing and so should a buyer.

You'll be happy to hear that people still dive these and that repair services and parts are available, from the folks Tbone mentioned. Mostly I think they are display items for avid divers.

As for a price for what you have it depends on condition and depends who you sell it to. A collector will pay more than a reseller, but a reseller will buy it now and it may take a while to find a collector. Most divers who sell gear like this include a disclaimer that it not be used for diving, or that it be serviced by a qualified technician before use and dived only under special instruction for vintage equipment. Diving these is very different than diving a conventional scuba regulator.

Posting photos will help

@Chevon Cox
@tbone1004

For better Identification please provide

1) The address which appears on the front label of the regulator or would assist in identifying date of manufacture

2) Is the body satin or bright chrome finish ?

3) Is the mouth piece rounded or straight ?

4) There is a chart produced by Pauline Le Barre of US Divers and me which identifies all regulators by year - it is bouncing around some where in the diving world

5) Can you post pictures?

6) Is there a local dive (SCUBA) shop ?

7) Do you have a good southern corn bread recipe ? (post it!!! )

FYI

The regulator was introduced by US Divers on page 4 in the 1958 catalog as item #1010 as the DA 'Aquamaster'
price $90.00 It was an improvement over the DA which was also offered along with the DX, & DY regulators, which were all still being offered
Address ? Pico Blvd Los Angeles

The regulator was marketed with yellow hoses item #1010 as the 'Aquamaster' ,the designation DA had been dropped
price $90.00 the DA regulator had been dropped from the line along with the designation DX, & DY regulators,

The modern black mouth piece appears price & catalog numbers the same
Address on label 3323 West Delphi Road Santa Ana California

Price & catalog number the same
Address 3323 West Warner Avenue Santa Ana Californian

Price decease $7150-- catalog number the same

Price increase $74.95-- catalog number the same

Price increase $90,00- catalog number the same

Price increase $119.50- catalog number the same
Last appearance of the Aqua Master in catalog
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Underlining indicates key points in identifying US Diver's regulators
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am not one of the experts, I suspect experts will with 25000 words or less and can provide the day, week, month and year that the Aqua Master was manufactured - some where between 1958 and 1972 and the current value 50 cents to 5,000.00 Yankee dollars

I sincerely hope this helps

Sam Miller, 111

Based on the description and serial number, I would guess its a mid to late 60's DA Aquamaster. With photos we can narrow it down some. It's value depends on a number of things, including if it's "original" or not. By that I mean all original main parts. Many times we see regs that we refer to as "Frankenstein regs", ones that have been cobbled together from parts from various regs, these are not worth as much. Unless you have some odd reg, I would venture an eBay price in the $90-120 range. Locally, these regs can be harder to sell since you need someone near you that's interested in it. Sometimes morons will run up a reg on eBay to higher prices for unknown reasons and occasionally one will sell for less but that is the average for a run of the mill reg. I often see "buy now" prices much higher but they never sell. There are a few models that fetch higher prices but they are fairly rare. Pristine and still in the original box, it would go for a lot more.

We had a good time in Coz, tbone.

If it’s a nice Aqua master in good shape with hoses.Worth any where from $50 to $150. If it’s a Nice Navy from $200 to $300.The Aqua Master is the most common U.S.Divers double hose unless it is a very early one with with no hooka port made in the first few months pico address.

@Mike Lev stated

If it’s a nice Aqua master in good shape with hoses.Worth any where from $50 to $150. If it’s a Nice Navy from $200 to $300. The Aqua Master is the most common U.S.Divers double hose unless it is a very early one with with no hooka port made in the first few months pico address.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike
What are you referring to as a "Navy?"

Do you mean the anti magnetic US Diver's or Bio marine

SAM

No Da Navy .A non mag is worth more bio worth big bucks.

Mike
Take some time and be more specific
The regulator in question is only listed in the 1957 as

'DA Navy approved two stage regulator'
You are the first person I have ever encountered who referred to the regulate as anything else but a 'DA'
I cannot recall any one using the terminology 'DA Navy'

The regulator in question is a DA Aquamaster, not the DA...recall my recent post

'1958
The regulator was introduced by US Divers on page 4 in the 1958 catalog as item #1010 as the DA 'Aquamaster'
price $90.00 It was an improvement over the DA which was also offered along with the DX, & DY regulators, which were all still being offered"

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom