Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just ordered mine. I hope to get to Florida this December to try them out.
Took the brave move and bought Orange.
I have the size 10 heavy boot from D6G and ordered XL fins. I hope it all fits :)

I wear size 10.5 shoes - sometimes 11. My Eddy fins for normal scuba booties are size L. I got the size XL for wearing over my drysuit (i.e. with a thick sock or two underneath plus the suit's neoprene sock, plus a size 12 or 13 scuba bootie over that.

Just ordered mine. I hope to get to Florida this December to try them out.
Took the brave move and bought Orange.
I have the size 10 heavy boot from D6G and ordered XL fins. I hope it all fits :)
you should be good to go

A lot of discussion comparing the eddy fins with the Scubapro Jets. How about comparing them to the Mares Quattro's? That's the fin I typically use when I want to go slow for photography and need to maneuver. When I believe I will need flutter kick speed, I switch to Tusa Zoom splits. More sustainable power than the quattros and my legs don't cramp. It's actually not even close. The splits are much more fun to use for flutter kick than any paddle fin I've ever tried....and I can go faster with them.

Thinking about the Eddy fin again and I just re-read this thread tonight, paying specific attention to flutter and frog kick related comments. As a result, I’d like to clarify a few things, especially with @cerich or @LandonL at Deep 6.

> Softer Eddy fins are the preferred version, if use of the flutter kick is desired, otherwise the stiffer version is the best for frog kick (only) swimming.
> There was lots of discussion about availability of the soft version, but today the soft compound version is only available in the S/M size. Does this include the S/M blue Eddy available today? All other fin sizes utilize the stiffer compound. Any plans or availability schedule news for the soft compound fins in other sizes?
> Based on sizing discussions: For a 9-1/2 to 10 street shoe size and wearing a thin sole boot, almost like a split toe boot, a large Eddy would be the correct fin size for me. Correct?

I haven’t tried any Eddy fins but I really like the jet fin with the frog kick, and not so much for the flutter. For me the frog kick is my primary stroke, and the flutter is used when needed, as a secondary stroke. I’m thinking the softer compound Eddy would be my preference if available and I was able to try them. Make sense?

Thinking about the Eddy fin again and I just re-read this thread tonight, paying specific attention to flutter and frog kick related comments. As a result, I’d like to clarify a few things, especially with @cerich or @LandonL at Deep 6.

> Softer Eddy fins are the preferred version, if use of the flutter kick is desired, otherwise the stiffer version is the best for frog kick (only) swimming.
> There was lots of discussion about availability of the soft version, but today the soft compound version is only available in the S/M size. Does this include the S/M blue Eddy available today? All other fin sizes utilize the stiffer compound. Any plans or availability schedule news for the soft compound fins in other sizes?
> Based on sizing discussions: For a 9-1/2 to 10 street shoe size and wearing a thin sole boot, almost like a split toe boot, a large Eddy would be the correct fin size for me. Correct?

I haven’t tried any Eddy fins but I really like the jet fin with the frog kick, and not so much for the flutter. For me the frog kick is my primary stroke, and the flutter is used when needed, as a secondary stroke. I’m thinking the softer compound Eddy would be my preference if available and I was able to try them. Make sense?
Large and really, try the current ones, if you do't like, return them and get a full refund

If frog is the primary kick the Eddy’s are great, they work ok for flutter and with the longer footpad they should do better than the jets with the soft soles.

No matter what fin you use, hard or soft, your legs will adjust over time. Mine sure have.

Mine have not. I use paddle fins 95+% of the time...250 dives over the last 5 years. Frog kicks...fine. Light flutter kicking...okay. Hard, sustained flutter...nope. Maybe if I had to flutter kick hard on a regular basis my legs would adapt to paddle fins...but if I had to do that, I'd switch to split fins and not look back.

Maybe if I had to flutter kick hard on a regular basis...but if I had to do that, I switch to split fins and not look back.
Great exercise in the pool. :D

Great exercise in the pool. :D

And I do wish I had access to a pool...indoor...as I live in a climate that is not nearly warm enough this time of year. That said, I did get in some diving earlier in the month in a place you may have heard of...Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom