Fusion boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Rou

New
Reaction score
A question for current users ......

I've been offered fusion boots (the ones that attach to the suit) when I ordered my Fusion Bullit. Do I need to order 1 size up on my normal shoe size or are they a generous fit. I intend wearing to wear thick thermal socks or forth element artic socks underneath.

I wear Arctic socks and I got my usual shoe size. I tried the next one up, but they were way too big at the toe. What did your shop recommend?

Oh, forgot to mention. There are two kinds of Fusion boot available. There is a soft boot with a Velcro strap around the ankle. This is the old style that has been discontinued. The new style looks like a moon boot and is very bulky. I saw it at the quarry this summer and frankly, they’re very fugly and just look awful. AquaLung had one heck of a brain fart with the new design.

I was able to use same size fins with soft boot. With moon boot I would have had to get bigger fins.

I wear Arctic socks and I got my usual shoe size. I tried the next one up, but they were way too big at the toe. What did your shop recommend?
They recommended one size up but I thought I'd ask existing users. I'll asked for my normal size and move up if too tight as they said they would change up or down if required.

They recommended one size up but I thought I'd ask existing users. I'll asked for my normal size and move up if too tight as they said they would change up or down if required.

Which model boot are you going with?

Oh, forgot to mention. There are two kinds of Fusion boot available. There is a soft boot with a Velcro strap around the ankle. This is the old style that has been discontinued. The new style looks like a moon boot and is very bulky. I saw it at the quarry this summer and frankly, they’re very fugly and just look awful. AquaLung had one heck of a brain fart with the new design.

I was able to use same size fins with soft boot. With moon boot I would have had to get bigger fins.
The moon boot is going away and the previous style is returning. I don’t know timeline.

Thank goodness. I assume it was not well received.
I think that might be an understatement.

I was given as set of the ankly high soft fusion boots by the shop I purchased my fusion bullet from. At first I had size 12 boots which were 2 sizes larger than my street shoe size. It is all they had at the time. I took them back a couple weeks later because my feet were swimming in them. They had just got a shipment in of a range of sizes and I was able to try a size 10 and a size 11. The 10 was a bit snug in the toe box area with thick wool socks and a fleece liner sock. I went with the size 11 and they fit fairly well. To take up any extra room when not wearing the 2 pairs of socks I put the foot beds from my hiking boots in the socks of the drysuit that goes in the boots they add a little insulation and make the boots more comfertable overall as otherwise there is zero arch support.

The newer fusion boots are much taller and made of a rubberish material as Marie13 stated. They are indeed ugly BUT the neoprene leg of your suit is supposed to fit OVER these boots which conceals them. I have heard from someone who uses them that they are comfy and easy to put on and take off but they are bulky. I think the reason why they were not received well in the market is that there was not a lot of product info put out about them and they were a radical shift from the original and anything else on the market.

I like my ankle high fusion boots, the way they attach is fairly secure and allows me to hang my drysuit in the garage upsidedown on one of those ankle hangers.

If you have to order and can't try the boots on then I would recommend 1 size up from your street shoe unless your foot is at the small/narrow end of the size for the shoes you normally wear. Remember these are supposed to be worn with insulation around your foot.

One nice thing about the ankle high fusion boots is that I did not have to buy new fins to use with my drysuit. My cressi reactions size M-L fit fine with all 3 sizes of the boot I tried (10, 11, 12) with the maximum insulation I intend to wear on my feet.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom