DEMA next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody at the show see the Cressi DIGI 2 console computer? According to the clip I found, the DIGI 2 is a fully functional computer and costs about the same as a traditional console. Nice looking too. Did find this: Cressi DIGI 2 , and an availability of March 2019.

What do you think?

It is NOT a computer. It is a digital gauge console. Depth, pressure, and bottom timer, but not a computer. Expect to see their first air-integrated on this platform somewhere down the road.
edit: And air time remaining. But still not a computer.

I saw it. Meh.

Sounds like the industry is pretty much bankrupt of useful new product ideas, but I guess it's a pretty mature industry these days.

I might be tempted to use them on OW checkout dives to facilitate dive planner use, since I don't use computers. But not in the pool. Probably won't happen, but it will be months before it is warm enough to think about it again.

Underwhelming number of innovative products reported, maybe there are more?

IMO from a innovation perspective, the show was a damp squib. I‘m not a photographer so I spent minimal time in those aisles nor the GoPro truck for that matter. Perhaps there was something there. Travel is travel. Yawn. Tanks have not changed much since last year’s show. Yawn again. Lights are getting smaller, more powerful, less energy intensive and cheaper. Ditto for scooters. Evolution at work here - not innovation. Regulators - meh. I saw a few things here and there but other than going to the PADI and DAN talks and meeting with reps to discuss last year’s numbers, I see no need to go next year.

The convention in the North Hall was packed. MJ business convention. Now that’s a story of innovation.

Can we make up our own new products?

Spiral curled LP hoses - Avoid regulator pull for hoses you route behind your neck with our spiral curled LP hoses. Look left or right and our hose stretches or compresses with no regulator pull. Our patented constant internal volume spiral curled LP hoses remove regulator pull and give you a safer more aware view of your surroundings. Go spiral curled for safety today. All curl and last two feet curl versions available now.

Reactions: Jay
Can we make up our own new products?

Spiral curled LP hoses - Avoid regulator pull for hoses you route behind your neck with our spiral curled LP hoses. Look left or right and our hose stretches or compresses with no regulator pull. Our patented constant internal volume spiral curled LP hoses remove regulator pull and give you a safer more aware view of your surroundings. Go spiral curled for safety today. All curled and last two feet curled versions available now.

Get a 40” hose, connect with a swivel and run under your arm. Or get a Mares VR reg. Both examples (and yours) of evolution NOT revolution. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom