Weedy Seadragons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s also in my bucket list.

How about seeing leafy while you are in the neighborhood? This video is just published on Nov 4 (12 days ago) & uploaded to YouTube a week ago by Jonathan Bird of Blue World.

Happy to read you had a successful dive and I have to say you got some very good shots of the weedies. I was a bit concerned for your visibility when I saw the wind forecast to be blowing south and southeasterlies a few days ago. Low tide may have been a good (accidental) move since it can flush away a lot of the murkiness.

Not really? The site in video (i.e. Rapid Bay) is about 890 kilometres (by car) to the north-west from Flinders Pier.

Coming from UK, I consider Adelaide is like next door to Melbourne, relatively speaking. :)

MA:
Glad you enjoyed it!! Were there any smooth rays hanging around?

One of best dives at flinders was actually on low tide.

Nice photos too. They are beautiful.

Did not notice any smooth rays although we did not look around too much apart from under the pier. We were totally focused on finding the sea-dragons!

It’s also in my bucket list.

How about seeing leafy while you are in the neighborhood? This video is just published on Nov 4 (12 days ago) & uploaded to YouTube a week ago by Jonathan Bird of Blue World.

Would love to see the leafies as well but we are heading towards Sydney, not Adelaide

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom