Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stopped by and had a peek at the D630 today. Nice light.
Sadly, my image of the spec sheet is blurred. I need to go back and see if they have a soft handle available.

Specs
Output: High 3000 lumens Med 1300 Low 400
Runtime: High 4 hours Med 7h 30 min Low20 hrs
Beam distance: 496m on land
Intensity: 61600 cd
Impact resistance: 1m
Waterproof: 150m
Working voltage: 5.5-8.4 v
Weight: 1065 g including batteries
Weight in water:495 g
Accessories: battery pack, handle, charger, o-ring

And it has 4 or 5 LED emitters? Which ones?

Beam angle?

I really don't get why they went away from 1 x Cree XHP 70. That right there almost completely kills my interest.

Hey Guys,
We're preparing for DEMA show 2018 now, and welcome to our booth #2849.

OrcaTorch will bring below prototypes at DEMA show:

D950V: 10,000 lumens video light with direct charging

D630: canister light with 8 pcs 18650 batteries, the upgradation for D620

D570: small portable light with laser and white LED, every instructors should get one :wink:

D530: the upgraded version for OrcaTorch best seller D520 with side switch

D910V: COB version for D900V with remote control function

Which one do you want most?

Since you are still on a prototype phasis, I provide my feedback from the usage of D620 so you can get some ideas for the next release.
The torch is great and the price is good, some suggestions:

1) the cannister is too short, so in tech dives you cannot use it to hold the primary reg hose and you need to workaround with something like this
Apeks Long Hose Retainer
2 ) The beam is too wide. I see you have a laser pointer like the one in D570-GL. For tech diving it would be amazing to have it embedded in the primary torch as one of the main function of torches is for signal
3) The hose is a bit too tight compared to halcyon, for this reason it floats and is too flexible and tends to move around and create circles. I will probabily fix some fishing weight to work aroung the floating problem
4 ) Battery duration is not huge, it would be great to have a replacement with a larger on ( like the one in D630 with 8x18650). That would probabily fix also problem number 1

Last, I have just bought a d620, do you provide any replacement policy for those who want to buy the new model ?

Thanks!

10,000 lumens video light? Are you trying to blind the marine critters? I can see it if shooting from a distance but not close-up

Specs on the D630?

Hi stuartv, thanks for your attention.

ORCATORCH D630 is a powerful canister light for scuba divers.It features the angle adjustable cable which allows a 90°or 180°connection from lid and light head. It would be able to provide you extraordinary lighting experience with its five CREE LEDs and super focus optical design. The built-in replaceable large capacity battery pack can be also be used as a power bank.

Specs
5 Cree LED
Output: High 3000 lumens Med 1300 Low 400
Runtime: High 4 hours Med 7h 30 min Low20 hrs
Beam angle: 6.8°
Beam distance: 496m on land
Intensity: 61600 cd
Impact resistance: 1m
Waterproof: 150m
Working voltage: 5.5-8.4 v
Weight: 1065 g including batteries
Weight in water:495 g
Accessories: battery pack, handle, charger, o-ring

Thanks, @OrcaTorch.

What Cree LED are you using?

What are the dimensions of the light head?

Hi Stuartv,

We are using CREE XPL-V3*5. The dimensions of the light is

Light Head:96mm(Length) x 60mm(Diameter)

Canister:215mm(Length) x 55mm(Diameter)

Since you are still on a prototype phasis, I provide my feedback from the usage of D620 so you can get some ideas for the next release.
The torch is great and the price is good, some suggestions:

1) the cannister is too short, so in tech dives you cannot use it to hold the primary reg hose and you need to workaround with something like this
Apeks Long Hose Retainer
2 ) The beam is too wide. I see you have a laser pointer like the one in D570-GL. For tech diving it would be amazing to have it embedded in the primary torch as one of the main function of torches is for signal
3) The hose is a bit too tight compared to halcyon, for this reason it floats and is too flexible and tends to move around and create circles. I will probabily fix some fishing weight to work aroung the floating problem
4 ) Battery duration is not huge, it would be great to have a replacement with a larger on ( like the one in D630 with 8x18650). That would probabily fix also problem number 1

Last, I have just bought a d620, do you provide any replacement policy for those who want to buy the new model ?

Thanks!

Hi Horse81, thanks for your suggestions, Sorry to tell you that the D630 is a totally new light, not D620 updated product. We do not offer any replacement policy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom