LP85’s vs HP100’s. Twinsets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Double 100's are not my first choice because I am long in torso and they are nose heavy and more difficult to suit up on a bench. One twenty's trim me perfect and my Faber LP85's trim identically with a 4.5 pound tail weight, no thermal protection (3mm or less) I forgo the tail weight. I ounce had all kinds of doubles, MP80's, LP80's, LP108's, HP100's and HP119's. Sold them all and standardized on LP85's and HP120's... My weighting is all the same and dialed in, everyday is groundhog day for trim and my dive and gas plans are canned. YMMV, just what I've found

For mix dives I really don't think you would want the Faber tanks. They get really floaty and high He mixes only exacerbate this.

I wish I had the tsstrenght to dive my LP85s as doubles. As singles, I love them. I;m working on my trim so cannot comment on them. But they are nice tanks with good buoyancy characteristics.

Tanks are ~42 lbs each fill, another 5 lbs for the bands and manifold and we are talking close to 90lbs. I know they don’t weight much in the water but handling them on land is a different story.

For now I am diving LP50 on most dives. They are very nice IMO.

I double up my LP85's for ID's - with cave fills it is ridiculous the amount of gas you can carry - I never end up draining them completely.
I love the trim, the fill and the ability to split when I only need a relatively short dive. Otherwise LP 72's are my go to tanks.

I wish I had the tsstrenght to dive my LP85s as doubles. As singles, I love them. I;m working on my trim so cannot comment on them. But they are nice tanks with good buoyancy characteristics.

Tanks are ~42 lbs each fill, another 5 lbs for the bands and manifold and we are talking close to 90lbs. I know they don’t weight much in the water but handling them on land is a different story.

Both myself and my buddy (female) are not a spring chickens anymore, so we both understand that moving a set of doubles out of water is difficult. Our LP85s (Worthingtons) are about 100 lbs when full of gas. We love tech diving though and we also enjoy diving our doubles rig (+ 40 cf stage) on recreational dives for consistency and muscle memory. We've learned that if we're not careful, lifting a set of doubles can hurt you. So together we've just adopted a system where we work together to move them. The only time we move them independently is getting up to step off the boat, and climbing back aboard. In both cases, we don't have to go far. The hardest part is climbing the ladder. Just remember to lean in tight to the ladder, otherwise the physics of the cantilevered weight will work against you in ugly ways. So in sum, it's difficult, but doable if you work smarter.

Both myself and my buddy (female) are not a spring chickens anymore, so we both understand that moving a set of doubles out of water is difficult. Our LP85s (Worthingtons) are about 100 lbs when full of gas. We love tech diving though and we also enjoy diving our doubles rig (+ 40 cf stage) on recreational dives for consistency and muscle memory. We've learned that if we're not careful, lifting a set of doubles can hurt you. So together we've just adopted a system where we work together to move them. The only time we move them independently is getting up to step off the boat, and climbing back aboard. In both cases, we don't have to go far. The hardest part is climbing the ladder. Just remember to lean in tight to the ladder, otherwise the physics of the cantilevered weight will work against you in ugly ways. So in sum, it's difficult, but doable if you work smarter.
Very helpful; I don't want to hijack this thread with this off topic. We can PM if need be or look on a diff thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom