Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did a kayak dive yesterday at South Broward. Red tide was ok on the beach with light east wind, but I could smell it on the water. Cloudy underwater with two foot visibility, going to 6 inches sometimes.

Did a kayak dive yesterday at South Broward. Red tide was ok on the beach with light east wind, but I could smell it on the water. Cloudy underwater with two foot visibility, going to 6 inches sometimes.

:( :(

Too bad- I will be in Sarasota between Xmas and New Year, wanted to snorkel at Point of Rocks, but I have heard it is really bad there.

Also hoping to have my SSI OW classroom and pool classes done and complete qualifying dives in Venice (through Southwest)- Do you think that will still be possible?

Anyone have any diving updates to share?
Going to down in Englewood Beach are the week after Christmas and hoping to get some diving in while I'm down there.

I was hoping to get to VB for a new years' dive, but the Flu says otherwise. If better, I may shoot up that way this weekend.

Sorry you have the flu! If you go, let us know what it’s like!

Just got back today from Englewood. Tried a beach dive off Manasota on Thursday, but viz was inches. Even brought the scooter, but to no avail...
Temp was 63
calm seas
started about 10am, aborted after about 20-25 minutes

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom