Tec 40 Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
i'm thinking about taking my Tec 40 course.
I was wondering out of curiosity how much one would pay for that course.
I know how much they are charging where i'm at but i wonder if this is a tourist price or not.

Here (Netherlands) its around 400 Euro.
40+45+50 as a package for someting like 1000 Euro

I think I paid about USD $500.00. Not exactly sure because I paid for Tec45, Cave1, Cave2, Cave3, Cave4 all at the same time.

Also, it might vary by agency. I used NASE and the first technical course is Tec45 rather than Tec40. It covered full deco dive planning, accelerated deco using 100% and had a max depth of 45m/150ft. Seems kind of odd to only go to 40m/120ft in a tech course since recreational goes to 130ft (without mandatory deco). That probably varies by agency too.

Tec40 limits to 130 ft. It adds use of up to 50% o2 and 10 minutes of deco. It can be run as either a rec based course with mostly rec gear or a tec based course with technical gear.

We charge $600 in tuition which includes a $100 shop credit for tec based incidentals like rentals and hardware. The crew pack with cd and slates is about $100. We used to charge a flat $500 for tuition, but found out that some students were compromising on the incidentals.

You have to speak to the shop/instructor. Does it include fills? Rentals? Boat? Crew pack? Your instructor may have some equipment requirements as well. When choosing an instructor I think it's important to have an instructor who dives like you do or want to do. If it's in SM get a SM person, if it's in cave select cave, wrecks get a wreck person. The lowest bidder isn't a good selection. Enjoy it!

i'm thinking about taking my Tec 40 course.
I was wondering out of curiosity how much one would pay for that course.
I know how much they are charging where i'm at but i wonder if this is a tourist price or not.
1300 AUS $, including theory book and dives and any gear rent (tanks, regs, etc)

You have to speak to the shop/instructor. Does it include fills? Rentals? Boat? Crew pack? Your instructor may have some equipment requirements as well. When choosing an instructor I think it's important to have an instructor who dives like you do or want to do. If it's in SM get a SM person, if it's in cave select cave, wrecks get a wreck person. The lowest bidder isn't a good selection. Enjoy it!
yeah for sure. the instructor is the same that did my tech SM. he dives that pretty much exclusively. He is a Wreck diver like me so we definitely have the same common stuff.

i'm not asking for lowest bidder factor, just curious as to how the compare with the rest of the world.
Deposit is in, my journey starts next month!

Not for tec 40. I’m currently in the Middle East so I’m doing it here on my mission break.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom