SUUNTO Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I filled in the class action claim form, made a service request on-line, printed a free shipping label and shipped my faulty (out of warranty) computer back to Suunto. Two weeks later I have just received a new replacement computer.

It seems to me Suunto are dealing with claims very promptly, I have no complaints.

So just a note about the settlement there is a form to have a computer covered in the class inspected so I called the closest authorized center near me to see if I could get my Cobra 3 checked before I was to go on vacation last month and their response was "sure you can send it in and we will dive it to check things out". Hell I can dive it what good is that? Do they not have another way to test the sensor? So far I have had no issues with it but it only has 15 or so dives on it. Makes me wonder a bit.

When they say they will 'dive it' I think they mean in their test chamber. I don't think they send someone out diving with it!.

If it's working I wouldn't bother having it checked out, you will know if the depth sensor fails.

Correct. If it is working fine for you, they will not be able to determine anything different. Inspections are part of the settlement, but relatively pointless if you know yours is working.

FAQ | Suunto Dive Computer Settlement

Has this already been discussed? Mods delete dupe if so.

Finally, I feel vindicated after 30 Zoop Novo rental computers have been replaced two or three times each in18 months. Suunto denied that any problem ever existed. Free PADI elearning as recompense. Big whoop.

Wait a second so they will repair the zoop novos or will they reimburse us?

Wait a second so they will repair the zoop novos or will they reimburse us?
Nothing has been recalled. If your computer is working, there is nothing to do. If your computer has failed, visit the settlement site for options. There is a toll free # there too. All reports are that repairs, replacements, etc have been quick and painless.
Home | Suunto Dive Computer Settlement

I’ve heard nothing. I’m assuming that it’s because I trashed them when they died, instead of keeping them and sending them back.

I’ve heard nothing. I’m assuming that it’s because I trashed them when they died, instead of keeping them and sending them back.
I assume you are referring to your August post regarding a screen shot of a Leisure Pro order.
Over 3 months later, I suggest you call the toll free number rather than continue to wait, or assume. Even if yours is a relatively rare claim denied, I would expect them to have a ready answer why. Yours is the first less than positive response I have read on their follow through.

Of course, I can’t resist speculating why the Leisure Pro screen shot might not suffice:
  1. Was it too old?
  2. Was it a copy of an order, but not a copy of an actual shipment or a receipt?
  3. Was it from the period when Aqualung was the US distributor, and Leisure Pro was selling grey market goods since they weren’t an AL Authorized Dealer at the time?

I assume you are referring to your August post regarding a screen shot of a Leisure Pro order.
Over 3 months later, I suggest you call the toll free number rather than continue to wait, or assume. Even if yours is a relatively rare claim denied, I would expect them to have a ready answer why. Yours is the first less than positive response I have read on their follow through.

Of course, I can’t resist speculating why the Leisure Pro screen shot might not suffice:
  1. Was it too old?
  2. Was it a copy of an order, but not a copy of an actual shipment or a receipt?
  3. Was it from the period when Aqualung was the US distributor, and Leisure Pro was selling grey market goods since they weren’t an AL Authorized Dealer at the time?

I would imagine if anything it is #3, possibly followed by #2? Although i’m not sure the whole grey market thing applies, since this is a class action settlement, and not a warranty issue, but either way I may give them a shout and see.

To be honest, I’m not really concerned. If anything, I’d just sell the replacements.

Hi, what about a Suunto computer that would fit in the settlement requirements except that was brought in Europe? Should it be at least checked? I did not find a lot of info about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom