Suunto Dive Manager problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal:
Try to disable COM ports in BIOS, than install serial to USB adapter and configure it as COM1 or COM2. Pay attention on speed and other COM port parameters.

WOW

That's a mouthful
:confused4

I'm sure I could do this, but I think I need a little help on the step by step.

thanks for the advice,
G

StingRob:
I remember there is a "fine tunning" you have to do with the number of seconds to read from your port..
StingRob

How do you fine tune??

StingRob:
- don't forget to have your computer in [3 TR-PC] mode
StingRob

What's that??

I feel like a real dummy now

:eyebrow:

humanFish:
Try it out an a different computer, .

Yeah,
I need to find a computer with a serial port to (maybe) isolate the problem to the usb-serial adapter, but even then, I don't know that there won't be conflicts on my laptop.

I have afeeling the adapters OK, but what do I know?????

almost $100 later, and I'm still loging my dives by hand! :banghead:

Suunto reports that they have problems with a number of serial to usb connectors - if you don't want to buy theirs, give them a call and ask them for the short list of "approved" devices. We've seen this problem in the shop a number of times and, thus far, sticking to their list has resolved the issue. I don't know why it matters but it seems that it does.

reefraff:
Suunto reports that they have problems with a number of serial to usb connectors - if you don't want to buy theirs, give them a call and ask them for the short list of "approved" devices. .

I'll try anything.
Once.

Thanks, I'll look for that list

Originally Posted by StingRob
- don't forget to have your computer in [3 TR-PC] mode
StingRob

What's that?

that's the mode your dive computer needs to be set to before you can download your dives with SDM.

good luck.

I had the same problem. I use a Belkin serial to usb adapter and all i did was start messing around with the comm ports and doing the test it has I do remember suunto's website saying something about having to be a higher comm port and you also have to change the sending/ receiveing time go look at suunto's FAQ

good luck

You play with the COM delay (Transfer/Settings) untill it works. You may try with a different port as well.

StingRob

mgmonk:
How do you fine tune??

What's that??

I feel like a real dummy now

:eyebrow:

Gannon, you aren't logging those dives by hand on Divemanager are you? If you enter dive information into divemanager before you download any dives, a lot of times it won't transfer and you'll need to uninstall and reinstall divemanager. Sounds odd, but I've had about a dozen people report that to have been their problem. They downloaded the software and started entering dive info in their divemanager logbook and couldn't get it to work... decided to completely uninstall divemanager and reinstall it and it worked perfectly... go figure.

humanFish:
that's the mode your dive computer needs to be set to before you can download your dives with SDM.

good luck.

LOL
I thought you were talking about some windows jargon for the laptop!
Of course, you'r ecorrect. The dive computer's gotta be in download mode.

For some reason I still call my dive computer a "watch".... :wink:
hence the confusion

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom