BP/W for new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The left hand handles buoyancy adjustments, which is why the computer stays on the right wrist, so you can monitor your depth. I usually dive with my hands folded across my chest too, unless I'm carrying a light, but extending my left hand back to the rear dump is no problem. The inflator is right there too if I need to tap the button to add a little air. I never use it to dump gas while under water. (A primary light, if used, needs to be moved to the right hand before going to the rear dump, so you're not waving it around signaling a non-existent emergency or blinding people.)

I prefer to dive in a pretzel-like position
Works when they are almost empty and neutrally buoyant too. Manifold and bands must weigh at least 10 lb.s? Also, this is in fresh water..... in salt water I would probably switch to SS. I forgot about salt water.....
YIKES....that's what I'm made of. I feel like a traitor....

@drk5036 I will primarily be diving in tropics so 35lbs is overkill, I'm considering the dgx combo with the 25lb wing.
@wetb4igetinthewater I'm north of Atlanta, would love to be in contact with some of them.
@stepfen Never used the right shoulder dump, only the lower one when horizontal or inflator when I'm vertical.

PM me and I can get you in contact with some of them... The guys running Kraken Springs are some great people and have some wonderfully talented instructors among their midst imo. I'm in Acworth (almost in Woodstock) and there is a Facebook group for divers in Georgia (Georgia Dive Buddies) that you might want to join too.

I do my recreational dives in warm waters mostly, but I'm doing my training dives "wherever" (cavern next week in Florida, just finished rescue through Dive Georgia at Kraken Springs last month, etc). At first I really had little to no interest in diving locally, but I've come to realize that the significantly different conditions I encounter at the springs actually help to make me a better diver. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about diving around here etc.

Back
Top Bottom