Silt out rather than tap out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scary situation, but "almost dies" seems like a little bit of media drama.

The picture of the sign is not Aerolito. Aerolito is a very dark cave till you get back to Wonderland and the sign in Aerolito is an old NACD stop sign. I think this is a publicity stunt.

I saw this article with pictures of BM divers with a stage in what looked like the long hose looped off to the side, entanglement hazard. I wondered if it was a cenote dive in the cavern zone or an actual cave dive. The wording sounds like a publicity thing, that doesn't mean it did or didn't happen though. I am curious if it's a real event with as properly trained cave diver or just fluff.

UFC Competitor Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone Nearly Dies in Cave Diving Accident

I saw this article with pictures of BM divers with a stage in what looked like the long hose looped off to the side, entanglement hazard. I wondered if it was a cenote dive in the cavern zone or an actual cave dive. The wording sounds like a publicity thing, that doesn't mean it did or didn't happen though. I am curious if it's a real event with as properly trained cave diver or just fluff.

UFC Competitor Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone Nearly Dies in Cave Diving Accident

In that article it says Aerolito. Which has hardly any cavern zone. It is a bit more silty than most mainland cenotes, so I'm not surprised to hear that someone got into a siltout there. The article also mentions crocodiles, which can indeeed be found there, just not "a big population lurking in the passages". The sign does not look familiar, though. And I'm aware of one outfit that has taken divers there on guided stage dives without checking cards.

I am not a cave diver but there were quite a lot of details in the story I would not believe a normally trained cave diver would do. wandering around in zero vis without marking the origin point and so on.
World class storytelling in the Youtube video though, very intensive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom