Suunto Vyper 2 Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, ive just aquired a Suunto Vyper 2 that although a few years old it had only done 2 dives....
on the second dive the strap broke, so i tightened up another notch, that broke to.. So i made a hole in the thicker part of the strap and that broke to.. Has anyone else had a similar problem... Suunto say that this is the only strap that they make for this model, and after diving with Aladin Computers for years with no problem I think that this strap is not fit for purpose..

Attachments

• IMG_0519(1).jpg
    IMG_0519(1).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 123
Hi, ive just aquired a Suunto Vyper 2 that although a few years old it had only done 2 dives....
on the second dive the strap broke, so i tightened up another notch, that broke to.. So i made a hole in the thicker part of the strap and that broke to.. Has anyone else had a similar problem... Suunto say that this is the only strap that they make for this model, and after diving with Aladin Computers for years with no problem I think that this strap is not fit for purpose..
They also made a bungee boot for the Vyper 2. Can’t say if can still be found in distribution or not.

They also made a bungee boot for the Vyper 2. Can’t say if can still be found in distribution or not.
I just found the bungee boot on the US site. Says still in stock. Hope that helps.
Suunto Dive Computer Bungee Mount

I have a strap and boot for a Vyper Air you're welcome to, if you can figure a way to ship it from the "colonies"

Looks like someone kept their computer in the sun orin a tanning salon.
My vyper air novo is 2,5y old and 70 dives with no sign of deterioration in the strap.
Monday morning strap or wrong storage. A new one from suunto should solve the problem.

Any strap that will be left in the sun or in dry conditions will deteriorate in condition over time and eventually snap.

Just replace the strap and keep the new one in good storage conditions, i have my vyper for a while now and it has taken some serious abuse with no signs of ruptures or wear and tear.

How about just removing the rubber straps and inserting bungee cords under the strap pins? this is from a Vyper Air - but i think the Vyper 2 has the similar strap pins?

vyper-air-223902-jpg-216660-jpg.398335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom