EXCITED: Sund Rock this Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trailboss123

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As some of you are aware, I have been away from the PNW for the last couple of years and down in So Cal full time and diving the Channel Islands. I recently returned and am living in Tacoma, but still travel back to So Cal every 4-6 weeks.

Anyway, I am heading over this weekend to Hoodsport to dive Sund Rock on Saturday and might stay overnight at Glen Ayr Resort and dive again Sunday also. My dive log shows over 200 dives at Sund Rock, but, I haven't been there in over 2 years, due to my move down south.

Thus my excitement and anticipation to get back to familiar surroundings and check out the resident wolf eels and GPO's on the north and south walls. If inclined, feel free to join me. I will have some friends from Portland coming up on Saturday as well.

Greg

Jealous!

Come dive Port Townsend! Sund Rock is good but PT is free and we have good eats. Lot of juvi wolf eels lately (where do the adults go? we don't know). More colorful corals here too, and lately hundreds of small fish by the jetty near the NW Maritime Center at Pt. Hudson.

Saturday mid-day will be very divable, from about 10:30am to 2:30pm (the flood tides are easy, ebb tides are bad). I'll be splashing at 1045 with my usual buddy.

4854.png

g2:
Come dive Port Townsend! Sund Rock is good but PT is free and we have good eats. Lot of juvi wolf eels lately (where do the adults go? we don't know). More colorful corals here too, and lately hundreds of small fish by the jetty near the NW Maritime Center at Pt. Hudson.

Saturday mid-day will be very divable, from about 10:30am to 2:30pm (the flood tides are easy, ebb tides are bad). I'll be splashing at 1045 with my usual buddy.

View attachment 488166
Definitely on my list of to do's! Been wanting to get there for some time. Need to plan it and make a weekend out of it. Will contact you when I do.

Reactions: g2
Had a great 2 days of diving at Sund Rock. Drove over Saturday morning from Tacoma to meet up with friends from Portland and spent the night at Glen Ayr Resort. Water temps were a chilly 47-48 degrees. Surface temps were in the low to mid 40's. Visibility was about 15 feet once below 20 feet.
It was Wolf Eel heaven. Here are a few pics.

upload_2018-11-13_14-2-11.png

upload_2018-11-13_14-2-42.png

upload_2018-11-13_14-4-13.png

upload_2018-11-13_14-5-10.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom