Kudos to Barracuda Divers Cartagena - best school for beginners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruno Genovese

Registered
Reaction score
My wife was almost a lost cause for diving. She had horrible experiences trying to do PADI Discover Scuba courses in Cozumel during a cruise (they gave her 30 minutes desk instruction, gave her tank and BCD and put her in the water, then when she was too uncomfortable to submerge they tied a rope to her and dragged her in the surface), and then in Punta Cana (where a single PADI instructor decided he could teach 2 Advanced, 1 Open Water and 2 Discover at the same time... she bailed from frustration after 5 min in open water).

Then we took a vacation in Cartagena, Colombia and she committed to one last try. The instructor first recommended she attempt the Scuba Diver cert, as the extra theory would help her. I trained my wife on the theory before going. Once in Cartagena the instructor started with the pool and noticed some of her difficulties, and only did a few of the confined water exercises (the ones from Discover Scuba) and focused on making her comfortable in the water. The next day instead of continuing with all of the exercises he focused on the things that would make her comfortable during 2 dives. Finally, by the the 3rd day my wife was a lot more comfortable and was able to do all the confined and open water exercises in a pool-like bay with 1-2m depth followed by a short 3rd dive. By the 4th dive... she was having a blast exploring and enjoying the underwater sights. It took an extra day, but it was exactly what was needed... for her.

If you happen to be in Cartagena, Colombia and want the best instruction for beginners or someone with various fears, this is your best choice.

This program is a pre-entry level certification that enables you to dive anytime, anywhere, under the supervision of a PADI professional. Ideal for those with time or budget considerations, you may count your PADI Scuba Diver experience as a credit towards the PADI Open Water Diver certification. Should be able to Float/Swim for 10 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom