D6i - temperarily turn off wireless connection?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdevic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
iI have an upcoming trip that I may squeeze in 1 or 2 dives. I don't want to drag my gears along. I will likely just rent for the day if I end up diving.

My D6i is paired with my tank pod attached to my primary reg. I am only bringing the DC with me on the trip -

1) If I leave the settings unchanged, I assume the DC will attempt to connect to the tank pod but fail. Will that drain the battery of the DC?
2) It seems the only way to "turn off" wireless is to unpair it . If so, does it mean that I need to re-pair it next time I dive with my own reg? I try to avoid this because it is a hassle to try to remember how to do it on a boat... I don't have a tank at home so I cannot do it in advance.

Thanks!

Oops. dumb me....It seems it can be turned off in dive mode, and then turned back on with the tank pod ID unchanged.

Back
Top Bottom