New Teric and nitpicking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that sidemount is there an option for it to display pressure of 2 tanks on 1 screen on the Teric, if so is the info large enough to read? pic would be great

@absaav Yes, you can display 2 tank pressures on the screen. At least, I know you can in OC Tec mode, with the screen set to Standard layout. I am not positive about OC Rec mode or about the Big layout in OC Tec mode. For some reason, I am having a suspicion that in OC Rec mode, you might only be able to display one transmitter pressure.

In other Teric news, I dived my local quarry this weekend with my Teric and my Perdix AI.

- Side by side in normal daylight, the Teric screen is a lot easier to see. The Perdix AI screen is totally readable, but it gets a little washed-out looking. The Teric screen looks bright and vivid, period.

- After downloading my dives from both into Subsurface-mobile, I can see from the curves of the logged water temperatures that the Teric temperature sensor responds MUCH more quickly than the Perdix AI's temp sensor. I had a quick descent to 75' to retrieve a dropped spool. The water temp was 59 at the surface. At depth, it was 44F. The Teric temp log shows that it went from 59 to 44 in 3 minutes. The Perdix AI went from 59 to 47 in 4 minutes, at which point I had started my ascent - so the Perdix never fully equilibrated in 4 minutes.

The Teric temp curve only lags behind my actual depth curve by less than a minute. The Perdix temp curve lags by at least 4 minutes.

Not really a big deal. Just interesting to note the difference. Of course, if I were a freediver, the Teric behavior would be much preferable. Convenient, since the Teric has a Freedive mode and the Perdix does not.

You can have 2 transmitters on the screen in OC Rec mode. In BIG mode, it looks like this:

i-TW6PKnj-L.jpg

In Standard Mode, you can display with 2 configurable fields on the bottom row:

i-DcV5dkp-L.jpg

Or with 3 configurable fields on the bottom row:

i-DZczVwP-L.jpg

A

PLEASE stop making it hard for me not to buy one.

when yours arrives after a much anticipated wait it's like being in a candy store of your wildest childhood dreams ... your setup's done in 10mins, and the colours are so bright and vivid.

I picked up at green transmitter today. I will use the green one on the O2 cylinder and a grey one on the dil, on my CCR, so I can monitor tank pressures directly from my Teric. :)

I picked up at green transmitter today. I will use the green one on the O2 cylinder and a grey one on the dil, on my CCR, so I can monitor tank pressures directly from my Teric. :)
May I ask where did you get it from?

May I ask where did you get it from?

My local shop had it in stock. It came from Oceanic. I think the shop had it in stock for a pretty good while.

when yours arrives after a much anticipated wait it's like being in a candy store of your wildest childhood dreams ... your setup's done in 10mins, and the colours are so bright and vivid.
I badly need an "unlike" button. Even an "I hate you so much" button for these sort of occasions.

Back
Top Bottom