DSS BP but a different company wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Acanthastrea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I've had my DSS gear for a while now and I love it but I originally purchased a 30 LCD as I bought gear before I knew where I'd be doing the majority of my diving.
I now live in FNQ, Australia compared to the midwest US.
Unfortunately, I've recently found out about the issues with DSS as I started looking in to getting the 17 Torus.

Has anyone tried other companies wings with their DSS BP?

I may look in to a new BP/W if I have to but would prefer to just look at getting a new wing.

Thanks in advance

what are you really saving by going to a smaller wing? Your LCD30 is incredibly narrow and going to a 17lb wing isn't going to save you any drag profile. Only benefit would be if you are diving short tanks regularly since it's a shorter wing.
I regularly use my LCD30 with an AL80 when diving in a bathing suit

I have a pretty new set up of DSS stainless steel BP and LCD 20 (got it 2 years ago from DSS). And then I wanted to be safe and wanted a bigger wing this year (I dive cold water in Southern California with AL 80 tank, 7mm suit, hood, boots and have been using 8-9 lbs of lead with the stainless steel BP). DSS was already closed and I couldn’t find a LCD 30 on sale anywhere. So I ended up getting an Oxycheq 30 lbs wing to fit on my DSS BP with bookend bolts. It fits. But it’s not as convenient as the setup with DSS wings (easy attach/detach without the need to rethread the tank cam bands). So I went back to my LCD 20. Which works, but I’m always weary that it may not be enough lift in case of an emergency (although I can always dump weights).

So for your info Oxycheq wings works. I think they have a smaller one than the 30#.

Are you interested in selling your LCD 30? Is it in good condition?

Stella

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom