How do you rig your lift bags?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flymolo

Contributor
Reaction score
I picked up a carter 50# lift bag recently off craigslist. It came with some thick braided nylon line and some brass snaps which were attached to the nylon straps. However, I wasn't sure how this should be used in practice.

How do you rig your lift bags?

Are you talking about carrying it, or actually using it? I have the same bad I think. I roll mine, wrap its straps around it then secure it with two bungie loops on the bottom of my BP. It has the added benefit of working as a lumbar support.

If I'm using it to lift something like a weightbelt, I have a bolt-snap on the strap so either attach that or close the weight belt through the straps. I'm not sure I'd bother carrying an extra hunk of line unless you think you'll need it for something specific.

Thanks, bungee loops at the bottom of my BP was how I was thinking of carrying mine. Re: rigging with line, I was thinking in terms of lifting something like a small danforth anchor- I have seen quite a few of those laying around on wrecks, thought it'd be nice to have some spares :wink:.

Then a little hunk of nine would be ideal. I think I'd be inclined to stash it in a pocket, or wrap it inside the bag, just so it stays put. You might even consider splicing in some bolt snaps to avoid having to mess with knots.

Then a little hunk of nine would be ideal. I think I'd be inclined to stash it in a pocket, or wrap it inside the bag, just so it stays put. You might even consider splicing in some bolt snaps to avoid having to mess with knots.

Makes sense to store the line separately- thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom