DGX $29 mask is awesome!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So: What’s the verdict on the contrast and anti-reflective coatings? DGX are out of the clear and per them they have at least a few weeks lead time so I might pick up a spare of one of the other types.

So: What’s the verdict on the contrast and anti-reflective coatings? DGX are out of the clear and per them they have at least a few weeks lead time so I might pick up a spare of one of the other types.

I'm happy I snagged two pairs before they ran out. :surrender:

I picked up the AR coating mask and used it for the first time today. This mask is awesome. I've got a bit of a large head and struggle with getting masks to fit and it works great. AR coating wasn't noticeable in the pool today. We'll see if it makes a difference in the ocean next week.

I have issues with fit and have a couple of the clear masks and they work great. I’m mostly aiming to pick up additional spares in case the model is changed as it’s always annoying when you find something that works just as it’s superseded by a new model...

I used the AR mask in the quarry a week ago. It was not a bright day out and the water was pretty turbid. I didn't notice anything good or bad about the AR aspect.

I may just grab one of those then... Worst case I can always scrub off the AR coating ;->

I may just grab one of those then... Worst case I can always scrub off the AR coating ;->
I use my AR coated DGX mask all the time. Even at depth, the light reduction is minimal and not a distraction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom