Are these course materials outdated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justin7731

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone let me know if these materials are useable? If so, give me a respectable offer and I will mail them. If obsolete, I will toss in the trash. I will never teach again, and wanted to see if anyone can use it.

Justin
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1377.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG

Depends on their vintage, but with everything done online now, Everything but the bound books (Business and the Law) are pretty obsolete, and I never read those books 20 years ago when I became an instructor, but they may still be required for a DM course.

They don't look obviously old, but the slates are harder to tell from the photo. If they are the same vintage, then most likely okay. Sounds like you are an instructor, just backing off from it. Call PADI and get someone to give you a quick thumbs up or down over the phone. Be ready to give them the date and version number on the back of the book, back of the video, or bottom of the slate.

And if that is too much trouble and you just want to get them out from underfoot, contact DiveHeart and see if they can use them. I don't know if they use PADI or not, but if they do then you are supporting a worthy cause.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom