Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That site was blocked by work really fast.

There were a lot of people at the lake this weekend. At least 3 boats with divers. Spillway was full as well.

I was out last Wednesday to rinse the gear after some saltwater. Off shore there was a distinct 30' layer and I never got below 55'. Wasn't looking for anything, just a quick in and out.

Went back out again Saturday. Probably the second best vis I ever had on the dam. It is a bit green. If you are thinking of hitting the lake this summer I would suggest you get in early. This green this early I think it is going to be a very green water this summer.

Looking to get out this weekend. Any idea what the lake is like?

Looking to get out this weekend. Any idea what the lake is like?

Been there by 6.10.18 @ Vista Point.
Water level started going down (every 6.1.ish- they drain water out and every 11.1.ish- they let new water in).
Vis is still not bad.
I dove along the Railway to a depth of 136'ish and needed no light (but that's me :eyebrow:).
You hit the thermocline at about 30', where the temp drops to 56ish.
@ depths of 10-20' you'll see groups of fish that are no longer babies (Usually to be born Mar-Apr).
Enjoy your diving!

Reactions: Jax
OK, sounds like the drysuit will be used. It will be interesting with the expected storms that might come on Saturday.

It's been 4 months since anyone last reported anything here. So I thought I might put a little bit out if anyone ever looks at it again.

September has been very low water levels. About 25 feet lower than usual. Apparently there was a pumping station on the CAP canal that was down for a few weeks and the lake made up for the missing water. A lot of land and a few islands that have not been dry in a very long time were above water. The bad part was visibility has been less than usual. The wave action on shore was disturbing sediment that has not been disturbed in a long time. Add in some heavy rains that washed this into the lake. Hopefully this means the water will be clearer as it rises with all the sediment now settling on the bottom.

September had some pretty warm water, in the 80s and no real thermocline down to 100'. October has seen the rise of the lack, back up to normal summer low water levels. Cool evening have dropped the surface temps into the mid 70s. Maybe a slight thermocline at 100'. But that canal water being pumped in is cooler, mid 60s. But you need to be close to the dam and dive a bit deeper to enjoy that new found clarity. As f this past weekend it was spotty but 138' is where I marked the clear, cooler layer starting at. That happens to be about 90' below the top of the old dam. Overall water quality is just starting to pick up as well.

I am hoping that this makes for a nice winter of diving.

It's been 4 months since anyone last reported anything here. So I thought I might put a little bit out if anyone ever looks at it again.

Hey, can you recommend a Phoenix shop for Neck and Wrist seal replacement? My local guy doesn't have the time anymore.

Locally the only one I know who does it is George at Inland Water Divers. Catch him on Tuesday evenings and Saturdays. I am sure there are others who do it as well. I just don't know them.

There is always the DIY solution. I picked up a hashed wakeboard drysuit for nothing and have tried my hand at seal replacement. Watch the YouTube clips. Turned out okay for a screwing around project. But not comfortable enough to try it to someone else's suit.

My last suit (which I still need to sell) I sent to DRIS in Chicago. Had rings and silicone seals installed. Came in handy the one time I pin holed a wrist seal. Changed it out and was out again the next day. A spare set of seals and the tool for the neck (including dry gloves) fits in an old mask box. My drysuit save a dive kit. My current suit I just had built with Kubi's.

1/13/19
Water is cold. Most of us were recording 54°. Doesn't matter if it is the surface or 131', no hint of a thermocline.
But clear. Some of the clearest I have seen in a long time. Water is up, but not full yet.

1/20/2019
55f basically the entire way down today with some silt to from surface to about 40 feet. Great visibility under 40 down to 100.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom