Lake Annecy: the dead body of the missing diver found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

States that the man was 50 years old and diving with a woman of roughly the same age at the time of the incident. They were part of group of 18 divers. Report states that she surfaced quickly and suffered minor injuries but the article does not discuss the injuries. The first article does not mention that the lady tried to lift him to the surface, however the second aritcle does state this. Second article states that the man is 67 years old.

Article does not mention the conditions or the depth at which the authorities found the deceased diver.

My high school French is pretty rusty and colloquial phrases are a problem. Can somebody tell me what deux chiens subaquatiques means? Can't be literal can it? Two diving dogs?

Are dogs trained to freedive?

My high school French is pretty rusty and colloquial phrases are a problem. Can somebody tell me what deux chiens subaquatiques means? Can't be literal can it? Two diving dogs?

I am french and never heard of this before. Within the context it seems you are right: must be dogs trained for water rescue.

I believe they are dogs trained to spot drowning victims, but they are by no means (free)diving. The dog-master follows search patterns in boat above the water with a dog who will try to pick-up human scent.

Some resources:
https://www.fireengineering.com/articles/2013/10/air-scenting-search-and-rescue-dogs-for-dive-
teams.html

and

Back
Top Bottom