Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@cerich I’ve just finished reading this enire thread and am definitely interested in your Eddy fins. Wonder if you could clarify a few issues discussed. Upon entering Deep6gear.com, I noticed that there was no clarity of any changes or availability for different specific gravity materials or fin stiffness of your fins. Also, the fin pictures shows fins with and without the holes at fin tip. Based on thread comments, I was expecting that all fins sold today would have the holes. What is the status of fin colors in all sizes? I was a bit surprised and disappointed to see the fin price was $125, not $100 as I recall within the thread. That’s a big bump, but I’m still interested.

@Doctor Rig

I think I can answer most below. :)

We only make 1 specific gravity at the moment. All fins available have a specific gravity of 0.9, which makes them roughly neutral when accounting for the spring strap, slightly positive in salt, and slightly negative in fresh.

There are only two stiffnesses available as noted in the product description, depending on size. The SM is a slightly softer version than the L, XL, and XXL.

All L, XL, and XXL fins have holes in the tip now for hanging, this was a subsequently added feature. We may have some SM left with solid tips. Some of the product images are from our original runs which did not have the hanging notch.

Color/size combinations:
SM - white or orange
L - black or orange
XL - black or orange
XXL - black

The pricing was was adjusted to the current level about 10 months ago. The initial pricing was really a sale price when we first brought the fins out, and had to be adjusted to reflect production cost realities. Free shipping is now included on fins, where as it was previously not, so the net effect for most is minimal. They are still quite competitively priced compared to other options.

Cheers,
Landon

Thanks Landon! Your clarification is very helpful as an update to this informative thread. Yep, I’m still interested.

.. And maybe XXL in other colors. .Like white or blue?

.. And maybe XXL in other colors. .Like white or blue?

Blue is available now under the BF Exclusive tab.

Blue is available now under the BF Exclusive tab.
Not in XXL. I bought a pair of xl in blue, but every time I've checked, for quite a while, the XXL has been out of stock. So since you are due to make new ones, anyway... Blue or white would be great!

Not in XXL. I bought a pair of xl in blue, but every time I've checked, for quite a while, the XXL has been out of stock. So since you are due to make new ones, anyway... Blue or white would be great!

Sorry... Sleepy eyes missed the size :p

These fins are great for small feet - S/M size. They fit both my wetsuit and drysuit booties. A lot of tech fins are sized for giant feet. I take a size 7 women’s shoe and a size 6 or XS in wetsuit booties if that gives you an idea.

Just ordered mine. I hope to get to Florida this December to try them out.
Took the brave move and bought Orange.
I have the size 10 heavy boot from D6G and ordered XL fins. I hope it all fits :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom