LP95 or even LP108 for Sidemount Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Post Caissy
Guys do you think for a trimix dive at 200-220 feets , sidemount is a good tool?!

I am not trimix certified yet... i don’t dive deeper than 150 right now , but i sm planing to add helium next summer

it depends if sidemount is a good tool for the environment you are diving in, the depth is largely irrelevant to that discussion

Nice Post Caissy
Guys do you think for a trimix dive at 200-220 feets , sidemount is a good tool?!

I am not trimix certified yet... i don’t dive deeper than 150 right now , but i sm planing to add helium next summer
The thing that I think many people overlook when pushing sidemount as the be all end all is that when the requirement for a large quantity of gas is needed with sidemount the back area is generally unused. You can backmount stages but a lot of real estate is going unused. I primarily dive sidemount but ow diving especially off a boat BM definitely has an advantage on most dives.

it depends if sidemount is a good tool for the environment you are diving in, the depth is largely irrelevant to that discussion

Tks tbone1004 i agree with you about environnement! I am also a sidemount diver,... i was just asking because Caissy talked about trimix course too... so in some point *depth*!!!
But your right... the main purpose is this post is about cylinder size

The thing that I think many people overlook when pushing sidemount as the be all end all is that when the requirement for a large quantity of gas is needed with sidemount the back area is generally unused. You can backmount stages but a lot of real estate is going unused. I primarily dive sidemount but ow diving especially off a boat BM definitely has an advantage on most dives.

I never tried backmount configuration! but i so agree with you about charter in sidemount config...

Thanks for the great replies!

From what I can see, the LP85 are the best all around sidemount cylinders and moving away from them to get more gas implies some sacrifices. So depending how tall we are, how many stages/deco we carry, whether we're doing penetrations, how deep we're going and how long we want to stay there, how many different gases we need (deco, travel, bottom) all influence our choices.

In addition, different manufacturers (Faber, Worthington, ...) have quite different cylinder's characteristics that must also be taken into account.

It would be great to be able to test each cylinders in water and THEN choose the ones we like!! I'll be trying to do just that, if I can find someone who has them!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom