What nitrogen narcosis symptoms have you experienced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

45m.
Had object fixation.
Didnt start stopwatch till i hit 45m (only use it for deco anyway) so it was running 3-4mins behind dive time.
Turn time was 18mins.
Got fixated on stopwatch not dive time. Noticed at 18min and managed to turn dive on time.

Just curious, because I have never been deep enough to experience narcosis. I have read various descriptions like "hearing jungle drums".

I'm curious...how deep have you been?

Just curious, because I have never been deep enough to experience narcosis. I have read various descriptions like "hearing jungle drums".
I forgot :cool:

I think I get it every time I fall off a boat. All I know is that I'm happy to be diving again.

Writing my name (Bert van den Berg) backwards on a slate took three times longer at 40M than it did at the surface. Wrote 'den' twice! Never felt a thing.

I'm curious...how deep have you been?
The deepest for me was 150' in Bonaire. It was completely by accident, unlike here in Florida the reef in Bonaire just keeps going down. I wasn't paying attention to my depth. When I checked and saw 150', I immediately started up.

So from what I understand from the replies so far, it can be either a nice feeling or a scary feeling. But has anybody actually heard anything, like the "jungle drums" I read about?

So from what I understand from the replies so far, it can be either a nice feeling or a scary feeling. But has anybody actually heard anything, like the "jungle drums" I read about?

I get the "woah-woah-woah" throbbing sound consistently at a depth well below recreational limits.

It's not a myth.

About 160' or so I get the drunk head feeling. Being sober for 24+ years it's unnerving at first.

In cold dark water, I get a perception-narrowing feeling
In warm light water (and at a much deeper depth) it's a nice pleasant 'buzz'
The rapture of the deep...

Back
Top Bottom