Looking for ideal BCD for small female, back inflate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It doesn't pack very well for travel.
True. but in my wife's case it's OK. (Everything is small and weighs nothing compared to my stuff, and she always has room and weight to spare when checking a bag. Trying to make do with carryon only so would change that... a lot...

Whoever mentioned the Zeagle Zena, I second this recommendation. I’ve had mine for 5 months, xsmall shoulders & front panel, 5’ & #128. I love it!

Whoever mentioned the Zeagle Zena, I second this recommendation. I’ve had mine for 5 months, xsmall shoulders & front panel, 5’ & #128. I love it!
It was I who mentioned it earlier. Haven't been on this thread in a while, but my now fiancee and I recently got back from a 10 dive trip in Roatan. The zena is really nice and streamlined. She loves it and got a lot of compliments on it while on the boat. Still would highly recommend for the ladies out there. I think it is the only BCD that offers so many adjustment points and is not a harness system.

For a minute I thought I'd written here, I have the aqualung libra ( I'm same size petite as OP) back inflate, loved it but a weight pocket just broke ( there was also an earlier recall on them but they were checked out.) Kind of disappointed to now have to try and replace that. Maybe invest in scuba pro? My last bc was oceanic had for many years not back inflate. Also diving mostly warm, traveling etc.
What broke? Did the handle separate from the pocket? There were two recalls on the Surelock II handles. The first one just wanted a specific version of the rubber handle replaced, the second wanted ALL rubber handles replaced with a soft "fabric" connection between grip and mechanism instead of the rubber connection.

Yes the handle broke and my LDS ultimately replaced them. I still also got the Dive Rite travel pac for a travel bc and liking it so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom