Smoking and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been informed, by a good authority, that no one "smokes" marijuana any more; they eat it (the edibles mentioned earlier) or use a gizmo that does not cause ordinary combustion.
You are very wrong my friend. Most of the people I know still smoke it as do i .

Every single Russian GUE diver I've been around in Europe smokes like a chimney, including instructors.
I do not know where you was, but I had dives with MANY Russian GUE divers, and just one (from 20 may be) was SOMETIMES smoking.

If edibles were the only way to consume cannabis, that would negate so many negatives. Go ahead, eat your heart out! Who am I to judge what one puts into their bodies?
Unfortunately, the smoking part affects other people, in communal living, in social places, etc. Same with smoking cigarettes.
Is anybody know story of cannabis forbiddance? It was just lobby of flax (Linum usitatissimum) manufacturers. It was the main reason.
Same at this moment with tobaco. Somebody has profit from this forbiddance.

Oh, absolutely. Also, I am of the belief that taste of food is comprised of 3 main ingredients: trans-fat, cholesterol, and monosodium glutamate. I think it is safe to assume that anything and everything one likes is a health hazard.
PS. as they say in Russia, he who doesn't drink and smoke will make a very healthy corpse.
Кто не курит и не пьёт - тот здоровеньким помрёт

It may come as shock that some people may have different tastes or priorities ... :coffee:
Some people obviously enjoy the after meal cigarette and in some countries it is part of the culture. Not that I like it myself ...
Yes...

Too much people talking about discrimination... but very few people can think about discrimination of NORMAL people :)
Same is here - maybe such huge outbreak is discrimination of smocking people? :) just think about it...

I could be a troll here, and will helps to wide this topic till hundreds of pages by roused people, but no :)
I will explain my vision of it.
First - I`m agree, smoking is not good thing for health.
But huge argue against smoking people is also not good thing for health (health of argued people :) )
I`m not agree, and dislike, when anybody smocking in the room with non smoking or even child.
But I`m can not understand of people, who screaming for smokning people, when stand up from 10 or more meters from them :)
And I`m fully dislike when somebody drops stub outside of the bin.

In the freediving I`m agree, that smoking is decrease breath hold. And when anybody would like to have really good results in the freediving - he should not smocking.
But in the diving - recreational diving - it is not affect so much. Or as I told before - It can be sometimes better for people, who has bad manner to hold breath in the scuba diving.

So - If anybody do not like tobaco smell - just tell it to the smokers.
But making snake hissing far outside from them - it useless or even bad for hissers.

P.S. ok, I`d told enough here about smoking, and I`m goes to smok at the balcony :)

I do not know where you was, but I had dives with MANY Russian GUE divers, and just one (from 20 may be) was SOMETIMES smoking.

Is anybody know story of cannabis forbiddance? It was just lobby of flax (Linum usitatissimum) manufacturers. It was the main reason.
Same at this moment with tobaco. Somebody has profit from this forbiddance.

Кто не курит и не пьёт - тот здоровеньким помрёт

Yes...

Too much people talking about discrimination... but very few people can think about discrimination of NORMAL people :)
Same is here - maybe such huge outbreak is discrimination of smocking people? :) just think about it...

I could be a troll here, and will helps to wide this topic till hundreds of pages by roused people, but no :)
I will explain my vision of it.
First - I`m agree, smoking is not good thing for health.
But huge argue against smoking people is also not good thing for health (health of argued people :) )
I`m not agree, and dislike, when anybody smocking in the room with non smoking or even child.
But I`m can not understand of people, who screaming for smokning people, when stand up from 10 or more meters from them :)
And I`m fully dislike when somebody drops stub outside of the bin.

In the freediving I`m agree, that smoking is decrease breath hold. And when anybody would like to have really good results in the freediving - he should not smocking.
But in the diving - recreational diving - it is not affect so much. Or as I told before - It can be sometimes better for people, who has bad manner to hold breath in the scuba diving.

So - If anybody do not like tobaco smell - just tell it to the smokers.
But making snake hissing far outside from them - it useless or even bad for hissers.

P.S. ok, I`d told enough here about smoking, and I`m goes to smok at the balcony :)

Lol writing that post stressed you out eh? :D

I have been informed, by a good authority, that no one "smokes" marijuana any more; they eat it (the edibles mentioned earlier) or use a gizmo that does not cause ordinary combustion.
Wrong! Edibles do nothing for me..I recently purchased pure HEMP oil and the jury's still out on that as well. I use to smoke marijuana back in the late 70's (didnt everyone?) but stopped the month prior to entering flight training....fast forward to a year ago last August....I was having drastic sleep deprivations and even with numerous sleep studies, no one could figure out why! My NYU Dr told me to try marijuana again.... I take one hit at night and have been sleeping blissfully for over a year now.

For me, it s a life savoir! I have my contacts on Cozumel and Cayman :yeahbaby:

OK... I couldn't access the link top link provided, so I did a Google search. I found that one joint (of unknown size) was the equivalent of anywhere from 2.5 to 20 cigarettes per day. But I did find a 2007 article that listed the five cigarettes equivalence.

From Lung Cancer Risk of One Marijuana Joint a Day Equals Daily Pack of Cigarettes

"Emphysema was detected in only one of the cannabis smokers (1.3%), in 15 (16.3%) of the cigarette smokers, in 17 (18.9%) of the combination smokers, and in none of the non-smoking groups."

I did not see where they compared cancer rates among their test group, but I certainly don't see where they draw the conclusion based upon the emphysema results.

I cannot find where these folks receive their funding, but I suspect there might be some bias. No proof. Just a suspicion.
Absolute BS...FAKE NEWS!

Wrong! Edibles do nothing for me..I recently purchased pure HEMP oil and the jury's still out on that as well. I use to smoke marijuana back in the late 70's (didnt everyone?) but stopped the month prior to entering flight training....fast forward to a year ago last August....I was having drastic sleep deprivations and even with numerous sleep studies, no one could figure out why! My NYU Dr told me to try marijuana again.... I take one hit at night and have been sleeping blissfully for over a year now.

For me, it s a life savoir! I have my contacts on Cozumel and Cayman :yeahbaby:
Ah, another person with individual experience that applies to all.

Double cool

Ah, another person with individual experience that applies to all.

Double cool
LOL! I'm sorry..did YOU NOT say NO ONE smokes pot any more? LOL!

My NYU Dr told me to try marijuana again.... I take one hit at night and have been sleeping blissfully for over a year now.
For me, it s a life saviour! I have my contacts on Cozumel and Cayman :yeahbaby:

Come dive here in Quebec. No need for "contacts" to get marijuana, it will be sold in government-run stores:

About the Société québécoise du cannabis

AUGUST 30 2018
THE SOCIÉTÉ QUÉBÉCOISE DU CANNABIS CONTINUES ITS EXPANSION AND CONFIRMS FIVE NEW STORES, INCLUDING THREE IN MONTREAL
Montreal, August 30, 2018 – The Société québécoise du cannabis (SQDC) today announced the signing of five new leases for SQDC stores in the cities of Joliette, Mascouche and Montreal. The leases are in addition to the nine others signed recently. From the start of the process to determine the locations of its stores, the SQDC has adopted an open, collaborative approach aimed at encouraging the municipalities concerned to come on board.
As announced earlier, all SQDC stores will be located directly on the street in areas easily accessible by customers. By law, the stores will be no closer than 250 metres to schools (150 metres in the city of Montreal).
Location of the stores
Joliette: 10 Place Bourget Sud
Mascouche: 172 Montée Masson
Montreal (Acadie): 9250 Acadie Boulevard
Montreal (Peel): 970 Sainte-Catherine Street West
Montreal (Ville-Marie): 830 Sainte-Catherine Street East
The SQDC is currently seeking full- and part-time employees who can work schedules that allow it to provide service seven days a week. The company plans to open around 20 stores across Quebec in October, with others being added through 2020. Online sales will also be offered as soon as cannabis becomes legal, ensuring all of Quebec is covered from day one.

Back
Top Bottom