Zeagle - Made in USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like Chad said, I have been a little busy this week - our son Luke was born on Nov. 3rd, so I am a bit out of the ScubaBoard loop...

Like Chad said, all Zeagle products with the exception of the Octo+ are made in Zephyrhills, Florida. Purchasing is one of the many hats I wear at the factory, and we get parts from all over the world - but the majority come from the USA.
Whether we can continue to sew products in the USA exclusively remains to be seen...we are definitely not the least expensive BC and Regs you can buy, and unfortunately there are many people who choose price as their main priority (witness the Triple L thread for proof). If we can not continue to be at least semi-competitive in the market, we will be forced to make decisions that may be a bit unpopular, but to survive as a company we make have to take a look at that...If the day comes that we outsource some of the sewn products, we will continue to make BCs and Regs in Florida as well...time will tell....

As for the American Flags, they are on the majority (at least 99.5%) of BCs we sell in America. Our Canadian distributor has Canadian flags put on theirs, our Japan distributor has Japanese flags on theirs, and some foriegn countries ask us to leave the flags off completely, due to the fact that the USA is not extremely popular where they sell the products.

Hope this helps clear a few things up.

Go Bucs!!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
Like Chad said, I have been a little busy this week - our son Luke was born on Nov. 3rd, so I am a bit out of the ScubaBoard loop...

Like Chad said, all Zeagle products with the exception of the Octo+ are made in Zephyrhills, Florida. Purchasing is one of the many hats I wear at the factory, and we get parts from all over the world - but the majority come from the USA.
Whether we can continue to sew products in the USA exclusively remains to be seen...we are definitely not the least expensive BC and Regs you can buy, and unfortunately there are many people who choose price as their main priority (witness the Triple L thread for proof). If we can not continue to be at least semi-competitive in the market, we will be forced to make decisions that may be a bit unpopular, but to survive as a company we make have to take a look at that...If the day comes that we outsource some of the sewn products, we will continue to make BCs and Regs in Florida as well...time will tell....

As for the American Flags, they are on the majority (at least 99.5%) of BCs we sell in America. Our Canadian distributor has Canadian flags put on theirs, our Japan distributor has Japanese flags on theirs, and some foriegn countries ask us to leave the flags off completely, due to the fact that the USA is not extremely popular where they sell the products.

Hope this helps clear a few things up.

Go Bucs!!

Scott

Well I can sure understand why some would not want our flag on their BC! Especially those in Moslem countries, etc.

I wonder, how many of thses same people don't know that the yellow and black tab saying RANGER on their BC is essentially a replica of the US Army Ranger Tab. Since I have the real thing, I enjoy having it on my Ranger BC.

Hooah! Rangers Lead the Way! :eyebrow:

Was and is a very big point in my purchase and support of products. I dive Zeagle because they're great products and made in the USA. I agree with Scubatoys about support and repair, but more than that, if all products are outsourced to foreign manufacturers who will have money here to purchase anything? You may say, I being dramatic, but look at the electronics industry! Is there even a single manufacturer of TV's left in the US? The answer is no. I will in my own small way continue to support US products and people.

I too have seen some of the canadian flags on the rangers. Kinda do a double take when i see those, it looks a little strange after seeing all the US flags. I agree with those above in that I try to support american manufactured products even if it means a bit higher price. I firmly believe you get what you pay for, and i have had much better experience with american or european products than cheaper versions of things from china or india. Just my $.02

ScottZeagle:

Congratulations Scott.

BTW, my Ranger flies a Canadian Flag, even though I know it wasn't made here. Lets call it a naturalized Canadian :wink:

Judging from the Triple -L thread, I would have to believe that the amount of people who consider "Made in USA" over pricing is a very small percent, but we appreciate you "few and proud" people!!!
The American flag is put on there due to the fact that we have always been proud to make the BCs in the USA. Also, there were flags on Zeagle BCs long before Sept. 11th, 2001 - I have actually heard rumors that we started putting them on afterwards to cash in on the "USA" craze that hit soon after that tragedy, which is 100% false!!!!

Scott

That 9/11 bit is nonsense, my '97 Ranger has the flag on it. :D

Congrats, Scott.
No more sleep ... may the force be with you. :wink:

Hi Scott
Congratulations on the birth of your son, thought you might like to know he shares the same Birthday as the Zeagle Product Manager for Australia... No more forgetting my Birthday :wink:

hahaha...good one Chris!!

I will send you the same thing next year as I sent ya this year - deal???

Tony said he may drag you along to DEMA next year, so we will drink a few beers to celebrate - regardless of the date!!! :D

Scott

Hey Scott
Geez you are a top bloke :)

If Tony does not get me to DEMA I will be dragging myself over, as long as there is no Fosters on the table I will be there with Bells on :wink:

If you are keen for a trip to Oz you should get out here for OzTek
Biggest technical Diveshow in the region.
http://www.diveoztek.com.au/

Looking forward to diving the XP and the Stiletto in a few weeks. Did Tony mention we are looking at sticking the Stiletto on Breathers ?

Will drop you an Email in the morning

Cheers
Chris

Back
Top Bottom