Carnival Magic, Oct 28-Nov 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might reconsider on Roatan - if you want better dives. AKR is limited by the time they need to shuttle you both ways so often picks dives nearby (Overheat Reef) - there;s a lot of better options.

I second Barefoot, they're 10mins from the port (by cab which you pay for but they'll arrange) and it's a boutique upscale resort and 1/2 the guests (according to the DM) don't dive.

We did two dives with them including Mary's Place 5mins off their dock and the Prince Albert off Cocoview. Mary'sPlace may be contingent on the experience level on the boat. 9 of us were their business that morning on a boat that comfortably would hold 20? Real valet diving - the resort guests are well off and they include lunch brought over from their restaurant on the Cay.

Roatan 5-Star PADI Dive Center & Lodging | Barefoot Divers | Experience Barefoot Daivers in the Roatan, Bay Islands.

if you need gear, theirs was Scubapro. My buddy commented that it was better than his.

Might reconsider on Roatan - if you want better dives. AKR is limited by the time they need to shuttle you both ways so often picks dives nearby (Overheat Reef) - there;s a lot of better options.

I second Barefoot, they're 10mins from the port (by cab which you pay for but they'll arrange) and it's a boutique upscale resort and 1/2 the guests (according to the DM) don't dive.

We did two dives with them including Mary's Place 5mins off their dock and the Prince Albert off Cocoview. Mary'sPlace may be contingent on the experience level on the boat. 9 of us were their business that morning on a boat that comfortably would hold 20? Real valet diving - the resort guests are well off and they include lunch brought over from their restaurant on the Cay.

Roatan 5-Star PADI Dive Center & Lodging | Barefoot Divers | Experience Barefoot Daivers in the Roatan, Bay Islands.

if you need gear, theirs was Scubapro. My buddy commented that it was better than his.
Thank YOU! I just contacted Barefoot and they are sending me there info tomorrow. Now, I'm just using the cruise operator for Grand Cayman and Belize. I'm glad I just put my dive excursions on hold, thanks again!

Might be to late, I never (when possible) book through the cruise ship... if you feel like going out on your own, check out Bare Foot in Roatan, we got 3 dives in, for $40/ dive...
Awesome, thanks! I like the sound of 3 dives, 45-60mins bottom times. And with ship time vs local time it looks very promising. I contacted Barefoot and they are sending info tomorrow. So, I'm using the cruise dive operator for Grand Cayman and Belize since its a tender port. Cozumel and Roatan independent from the cruise, thanks again!

I’m thinking of doing shore dives in Grand Cayman. Any input? I done the Wreck of Cali,
Lighthouse, and Cobalt Coast shore dives.

Hi Bubbles, wife and I are booked on Magic cruise and I plan diving each Port also. Too difficult to choose one to not dive!!! Have you booked any dives yet?
I booked Grand Cayman and Belize The two tender port. Roatan, I’m sign-up with Barefoot for their 10:30 am and 12:30pm boat dives. I might even have time to do a shore dive if the boat left the dock at 8:30am if not I’m diving on it too. Cozumel, I’m signing w Scuba Mau. Beibca never responded.

Thank you for the recommendation off diving w Barefoot in Roatan! After diving with cruise operators and divers from the cruise, it was a needed break-away. It was low season for Barefoot, I was the only diver and they didn’t cancel!!! I had an amazing dives at Mary’s Palace 97ft/58 mins. Three major swim thru and the wall was impressive! After 60 mins SI, we went to Cemetery Reef 58ft/80 mins. There’s a wall there but I kept it at 60ft. Lots of black coral and found the largest fire worm!! Everyone was so nice, I even met the owner and his 3 dogs. I would definitely return to dive w them again!
In Cozumel, I used Scuba Mau and dove Palacar Garden and Paseo Cadrel both 60 mins dives w 60 mins SI with plenty of time to shop and drink around the cruise port. I need to find an outside operator for Grand Cayman if I ever go cruise diving. The Belize operator wasn’t bad but could have picked a better sites. They did leave the experience divers alone to spread their wings. However, I didn’t like that they picked other cruise divers from the other ship!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom