Hi from LA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I'm Jo. I'm a UK born/mostly Australian raised LA resident. Recently got my PADI OW and my first dives have all been Laguna Beach - which was a great training ground. Now I'm looking for new waters! I'd love to find a SoCal dive buddy who'd be up for some weekend dives and not-too-far-away adventures.

When I'm not underwater or dreaming about it, I'm a screenwriter and bookkeeper. I've very active and I also love films and music.

Look forward to meeting y'all (or some of you!)

Thanks!

Welcome to the 'board and to the underwater world!!
Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum here: SoCal
and join in our fun.

Hi Jo,
I used to live in Monarch Beach, right next to Laguna Beach. It's really beautiful there. If you ever get to NorCal and want to see the amazing dive sites around Monterey let me know. That's where you'll find me pretty much all the time.

Welcome!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Catalina is only a short boat trip away and the giant sea "bass" are still out here.

Jo
A huge SoCal , CenCal , NorCal -- A California welcome !
Sorry I cant offer you any Viggiemite - An In & Out hamburger will have to do

We have a lot in common
My eldest daughter was OC raised who has been diving for about 45 years has spent all of her post college adult life in Australia..
My dear lovely NOLD wife was once a Red Head by the grace of modern chemistry is still a Red Head

I began free diving in the 1940s and I also made my first SCUBA dive in Laguna Beach California, but a few years before you in 1951. Since that initial dive I was fortunate to have dove the world- but there is no diving any where in the world to compare with Laguna Beach. You began at the apex of diving- where recreational diving began

In the 1970s, about 40 plus years ago Ron Merker (@Dr bills basic instructor) and I authored the first dive guide to OC which was in a book titled " Diving west" The book is long out of print but California Diving News (CDN) often advertises a dive glide by Schelker which includes much of our work.

Then 26 miles across the sea is Catalina island- divers paradise

I wish you well in you migration to the American colonies, the birth place of our and now your Meagan Markle.

If I can ever be of assistance in your future diving adventures feel free to contact me

Sam Miller,III

Hi Jo,
I used to live in Monarch Beach, right next to Laguna Beach. It's really beautiful there. If you ever get to NorCal and want to see the amazing dive sites around Monterey let me know. That's where you'll find me pretty much all the time.

Welcome!
Hi Jo,

Welcome!
I will! Thanks Becca!

Hi, Jo

I'm new to the group and scuba diving as well. Let me know if you venture up to LA. I'm trying to dive more regularly and have yet to find a default scuba buddy/group.

I actually might head down to Lags on Saturday if I end up getting a HP100 in Tustin.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....sounds like you have some buddies already..enjoy the underwater world....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom