OCNJ Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thyamine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for any recommendations for both wrecks and ships/orgs/groups to dive with in the OCNJ area. My wife and I go there regularly during the year, so for next year I'd like to look into where/who/what my options are. AC is not far up the road, but if there are dive shops/ships that don't require a trek into AC, I'd be good with that.

Thanks!

Thanks! That helps a lot. Any you'd recommend yourself?

Diving above AC has the most boats and dives out to the wrecks - (Shark River and Manasquan Inlets) unfortunately for your location.

The further south the less folks to carry the dive boats. Up north we have divers and NYC folks that frequent the charters so that accounts for the majority of dive boats in that location.

Atlantic Divers and American Diving Supply are both in Egg Harbor Township, a stone's throw from each other and a 20+/- minute drive from O.C.

ADS uses the Dina Dee out of Barnegat Light and has a sparse schedule and somewhat shallow dives, 70-100'.

Atlantic Divers (Atlantic Divers: 2018 Wreck Diving Adventure Schedule) is a very good shop. It uses Dina Dee as well (super boat), Blackbeard II (great boat out of A.C.) and the Susie II. I don't know about that one but the schedule implies it's docked in Cape May. Their comprehensive schedule includes dives from 55-150'+.

Plus what "Basking Ridge Diver" said.

Some more info but some of it may be dated: Directory ~ New Jersey Scuba Diving

Thanks for the info. I'm just beginning to feel out what options are available, so it's all good info.

ADS uses the Dina Dee out of Barnegat Light

Not a fan of Dina Dee - I would stay off. It may have been a bad day for the captain but I would not dive with them again.
Need any more just send me a note....

Back
Top Bottom