Source for IrDa dongles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom lauder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
afternoon all

I just picked up a pair of aladin 2gs as my first computer and it looks like IrDa dongles are pretty much discontinued everywhere. search brings up a load of threads about getting dongles to work but they generally start with i got this dongle for $10 on amazon lol. Anyone have any hints on where i might find one for a reasonable price?

Thanks
Tom

IF you can find someone with the one you use and have them send you the chipset info that the unit uses, then all you need to do is an internet search for it.

Wow, you're right, I couldn't find any of the "cheap" ones that are *available*.

I would try contacting Gearmo and asking them:
USB INFRARED - Gearmo

And then ScubaPro is still selling their expensive one (which is no longer the most expensive one!)
https://smile.amazon.com/Scubapro-Smart-Infrared-Device-Computers/dp/B0001CNORS/

And I would keep googling around to try and find one. I never looked at Ebay but that's a good place to try too.

Good Luck!
Janice

Keep searching for that chipset. You will find it somewhere. Their availability varies.

I bought a Rohs IrDa for my 2Gs and it works great. Can't remember the vendor but it was probably Amazon. I just checked and they don't have any that I would consider cheap. Wow.

I only paid 50 bucks Canadian each for them so I'm not willing to spend the same again for a dongle. I can live without transferring to a PC but it would be nice.just gotta keep hunting.

I bought a Rohs IrDa for my 2Gs and it works great. Can't remember the vendor but it was probably Amazon. I just checked and they don't have any that I would consider cheap. Wow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom